Personal View site logo
Panasonic 4K 2015 camcorders - HC-WX970 and HC-VX870
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • Finally did some testing and was able to import 4K fine into the latest iMovie (10.0.7). It looks like it downscaled to 1080P without any prompting. Upon export to file, I noticed the resulting MP4 looked fine, although I would like to see what the specific timeline or export settings. Anyone know how to do that?

• Has anyone used one of these? And how do they compare with a GH4? (I'm mainly concerned about dynamic range and color.)

• I have the VX870 and the 4K is good. But, if you're concerned with dynamic range, color or resolution, you want to buy or stick with the GH4. I primarily got the camcorder so I can hand it to someone to record 4K video without having to figure out how to work the lens, buttons, menus, etc.. that comes with a DSLM/DSLR. And it has a 20X optical zoom, which is really nice.

• Thanks, @SuperSet. But how do the two cameras compare? I wouldn't mind picking up a camcorder for the same reasons you cited, for a multi-camera shoot. And its HDR feature could come in handy: I shoot a lot of plays, where the lighting can be Very Dim to Very Bright, and if the camera could capture or compress that range without a lot of adjustment on the fly, I'd be very happy.

• @Brian_Siano As a camera, it's very simple to operate with the controls in all the right places. It's also got a great LCD that's easy to see. The image stabilization is also quite good. The HDR feature is interesting but it's not a log profile that you can properly grade. I almost never use it. There are several video samples on YT that you can check out to compare with the GH4.

• Здравствуйте. Вот разобрался как переключать стандарты PAL/NTSC в видеокамерах hc-v770(760/870/970). I understood how to change the frame rate(PAL/NTSC) on camcoder Panasonic hc-v770(760/770/870/970). Switch PAL/NTSC:

Обратите внимание, в видео показано, что при записи mp4 50mb, уже в стандарте NTSC, меню камеры пишет, что видео пишется в 50p. Это неправда. Видео скинул на комп, проверил по кадрам - 60p и mediainfo - 59.940 (60000/1001) FPS.

Метод переключения телевизионных стандартов NTSC/PAL: 1. Если камера включена, выключить. 2. Зажать кнопку трансфокатора в положении "W", кнопку записи/воспроизведения и кнопку функции ровного снимка(кнопка уровня). 3. Нажать кнопку включения камеры. 4. Держать зажатыми 4-ре кнопки до появления сервисного меню на дисплее. 5. Нажать back в выпавшем меню. 6. Выбрать 28 пункт и нажать set. 7. Отформатировать карту памяти с помощью видеокамеры.

Убрать мигающую надпись com на дисплее: 1. Если камера включена, выключить. 2. Зажать кнопку трансфокатора в положении "W" и кнопку функции ровного снимка(кнопка уровня). 3. Нажать кнопку включения камеры. 4. Держать зажатыми три кнопки пока на дисплее не исчезнет надпись com.

English:

Indication method of the service menu: Keep pressing the “Power” button, “Zoom lever” to W side "Level Shot Function" button and “Recording/Playback” button for more than 3 seconds until the top screen of the Service Mode Menu being displayed.

Remove the label "com": Keep pressing the “Power” button, “Zoom lever” to W side "Level Shot Function" button for more than 3 seconds.

• Panasonic - HC-VX870K 4K Ultra HD Flash Memory Camcorder+ charger, $550

or $384 open box.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic-hc-vx870k-4k-ultra-hd-flash-memory-camcorder-black/3774034.p?skuId=3774034