Personal View site logo
Bit rate over-rated???
  • How much is bit rate overrated??? How important is the bitrate? I have a handycam and it will not go higher then 10 mbit, it is my favorite camcorder because I can put into my pocket easy and carry. Maybe a hidden gem? It is old and not new. It uses the MPEG codec and does not have alot of pixels, but has DVD quality. Probably has a great lens and great small sensors and engine? The overall image does has a few things in the image that other camera's not have that much? You can see nice colors, reflections, shadows in certain situations and has a great 25p framerate with 3ccd sensors.

AVCHD is really not a that great codec is what I read. I tried a few Full HD camera's and sometimes it dissapoints on a few areas, especially low light. Not sure if there is a perfect camera? Anybody knows about some hidden gems in video camcorder land? I really want a Full HD camcorder that has also that much reflections as my old cam corder and just has that nice colors and overall great performance.

What people think about the sony rx100 m3 I also like the image reflections in it but it does not focus that good is what I read. But really small and has a new codec? How well that AVC S codec or something like that works??? I can't even edit HD on my old pc.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Best idea is to use search and read.

• I read a few things about bit rate, but I also had a old camera from more as 10 years ago that uses tapes. I was shocked that the video image was not that bad when I fire wired it to the pc. The image was uncompressed a big file on the computer, probably because it was uncompressed it looked not that bad.

• Sorry, I do not get your point. Can you elaborate?

What you need your camcorder for?

• Your best bet is to look at people's posting of the videos they shot with different hack settings and also with different cameras. After a while you'll see the best potential from each camera as well as each hack setting (for hackable cameras). Then make your selection based on that and what you need it for.

• It really does depend on what you want to do with it...my Samsung note 4 shoots better video than most my older camcorders. My Gh2,s shoot beautiful video but audio sucks and no 1080 60. My AC160 shoots good ENG but won't fit in my pocket...so on.

If there's a perfect does it all camera, I haven't seen it.