Personal View site logo
GoPro Hero4 cameras official topic
  • 186 Replies sorted by
  • "Apple has been granted a patent for a wearable camera that could possibly challenge action cameras made by GoPro."

http://recode.net/2015/01/13/apple-gets-action-cam-patent-gopro-shares-tumble/

• includes a time-lapse.

• What a disappointment. Both in the quality and that GoPro allowed this to be one of the first leaks.

• Snowing slo-mo (1080 120p) and time-lapse:

• A GoPro 4K test video with macro lens attachment:

Spot meter, ev -.5, Protune color, auto WB. No alterations in post.

Here is the lens attached to the camera:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/markr041/Close%20up%20lens_zpsizy7oq2b.jpg

• HERO4 Black update v2.00.00

New Modes + Features

• Adds Time Lapse Video mode
    • Adds 720p240 video mode (Narrow FOV only)
    • Adds 2.7K60 video mode
    • Adds Auto Image Rotation
    • Adds 30 photos/6 seconds Burst rate

Performance Improvements

• Changes Protune default video ISO to 1600

Usability Improvements

• Adds Reset option for camera Wi-Fi settings
    • Displays Night Lapse shutter time on the camera status screen

LCD Touch BacPac Improvements

• Delivers the ability to add HiLight Tags during playback
    • Adds new gesture to display the last photo or video captured
    • Automatically locks the display after the camera goes to sleep

General Improvements + Bug Fixes

• Night Lapse stability improvements

HERO4 Silver update v02.00.00

New Features

• Adds Time Lapse Video mode
    • Adds Auto Image Rotation
    • Adds 30 photos/6 seconds Burst rate

Performance Improvements

• Changes Protune default video ISO to 1600

Usability Improvements

• Delivers the ability to add HiLight Tags during playback
    • Adds new gesture to display the last photo or video captured
    • Automatically locks the display after the camera goes to sleep
    • Adds Reset option for camera Wi-Fi settings
    • Displays Night Lapse shutter time on the camera status screen

General Improvements + Bug Fixes

• Night Lapse stability improvements

http://gopro.com/update/HERO4

• Any idea why they changed the default ISO?

• GoPro was one of the best-selling products this holiday, selling-in an average of 1,000 units per hour for the entire quarter," said GoPro Founder and CEO, Nicholas Woodman. "With this many new recruits to the GoPro movement, we're sure to see some incredible content in 2015."

Summary of Fourth Quarter 2014 GAAP Results:

• Revenue of $633.9 million, compared to $361.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2013
    • Gross margin of 47.9%, compared to 41.9% in the fourth quarter of 2013
    • Operating income of $173.7 million, compared to $70.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2013
    • Net income attributable to common stockholders of $122.1 million or $0.83 per diluted share, compared to $33.3 million or $0.33 per diluted share in the fourth quarter of 2013
    • Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $422.3 million, compared to $101.4 million at December 31, 2013

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gopro-announces-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2014-results-300031837.html

• Hey @filthy I did get a $2 cable that plugs into the gopro and the video feed part of my FPV system and it works like a charm. I left the power coming out of the drone and go from the Gopro to the transmitter. Pretty capable system, I really like the GoPro4 while I wait for my Inspire 1.

• @kellar42 - Glad to hear it worked out well for you. This is pretty much the standard for getting video feed from Hero 4 in all resolutions during aerial use. Not as clean or robust as plugging directly into the back of the cam, but at least it works. And it's a bit better for standing up to regular use over the crappy ribbon cable DJI is using on the later versions of the H3-3D. Can't believe they're continuing to use it on the latest H4-3D. After breaking 4 of them in the last 8 months, I'm officially over their gimbals. Have since moved on.

• As the new GoPro Firmware 2.0 was released on Feb. 5th last week, I was eager to test it. See my review and test video here on Cinema5d:

http://www.cinema5d.com/firmware-quality-modes-gopro-hero-4-black-analyzed-compared

• While most of the use for the GoPro is for outdoors activities, the low-light, indoor performance is also quite good. Here is a brief video I took in a dimly lit café, but which had changing light colors. The wide view is also quite useful in cramped quarters. This was shot at 1080 30p (by mistake!), with AWB, max ISO 1600.

• Hi Anyone know about when is the next model coming up ? you guys thinks new model can take long 4k shoots?

• I realize that some of the shots are a over the top and pushed too far but I wanted to see how exactly how far I could stress the MP4 codec of the GoPro Hero 4 Black.

• GoPro on a gimbal video tests, with panning (vertical and horizontal), still and walking clips.

• Sony 4K FDR-X1000V vs 4K GoPro Hero4

• Deleted