Personal View site logo
Got to spend the day at Panasonic Headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
  • On Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending a workshop/demo at Panasonic HQ in Toronto. The day was split into 3 separate time slots and I attended the first one. Geared towards people who had never used the GH4 or any of their lenses, I was the only one there who currently used the GH4. It was amazing to see the look on peoples faces though when they handled it for the first time and put the camera through its paces at a variety of different shooting stations.

Upon arriving at Panasonic, attendees were given a brand new Panasonic 16gb uhs 3 card to use in the cameras for the day so that they could go home and work with the files after the fact. Professional photgrapher Johan Sorensen was the lead photographer running the portrait station where they had a live model doing poses and we had the ability to try out the full lineup of lenses they had to offer. It was my first time shooting the Nocticron 42.5 f1.2 and wow was it a great experience. Check out Johan's work at http://www.johanphoto.ca/ where he is now fully using Panasonic cameras for all of his work.

There were stations dedicated to 4k Photo Mode, and macro/still life shooting which was great. I actually tested out the new 30mm f2.8 Macro and WOW it is a seriously sharp lens with the fastest focusing of any Panny lens I've used to date.

I had the chance to chat with them a bit about video as this was more geared towards photography, but they were really interested to hear that people are using the GH4 for video in a professional setting so much. I gave some feedback to them in regards to things I felt were missing and what was great about the camera and everyone was really engaging to hear the feedback.

I also asked about the rumoured AF-200 and got a smile and said they didn't know anything about it so I guess we'll have to wait and see!

I will share some of the photos from the event as soon as I get some edited to show off that new 30mm macro!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @tylerknight

Interesting. Waiting for photos.

• Sounds like a blast!