Personal View site logo
Single Focus Anamorphic flame
  • After seeing some of the new "single focus" solutions popping up for anamorphics I started doing some basic optics research. These FF3 from Rectilux and the Focus Module (from Anamorphic Shop) are simply various mechanical recipes of variable diopters on the front of an afocal system (infinity prime and infinity anamorphic focus).

Here's where it's kind of been disclosed.

http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/7111-single-focus-instructions-for-anamorphic-projector-lenses/

I'd love to get some community feedback in building a variable diopter so we can share this info and create from it.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Yeah, I'm not saying there's no place for these companies and their solutions, but Rectilux wants $4K USD. That price is a tad too high. I could buy an Iscorama or a LOMO for that price. I really hope after a few early adopters, the price either comes down, or an established company (SLR MAGIC?) hops on the bandwagon with something cheaper.

Bottom line, these things do exactly what I've always wanted in an anamorphic: 2X, single focus, and adaptable to a wide variety of primes/zooms, for a wide variety of looks.

But right now they're just too expensive.

• @B3Guy

I feel sure that Vitaliy does not want a repeat of what is going on in the other forum, but since you have mentioned SLRM, maybe you should read my posts on the page I made here two years ago: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4466/most-wanted-anamorphic-lens/p20

after some pressing, Andrew Chan said he had no plans at that time. If he had said yes, then I would have invited him to an off-board private discussion about this, to discuss boring things like patents and such, which have no place in this forum.

If he has since changed his mind then I would do the same.

• wrong thread

• Guys not sure if this is the right topic to ask for opinions , but I know a few years back many people were buying any single focus iscorama they could find ,I was lucky to buy an Isco 36 a few years back ,it got some use ,no question has a great look .I guess my question is what's your opinion on the market and the long run investment of the rare iscorama anamorphics ,do you see all the sudden this 3k or so price tag lens I bought drop in price drastically Or keeping its price for a while ?i just been noticing many of them not moving like they used to on eBay