Personal View site logo
Driftwoood Intravenus v1 sharp Matrix? Do exist?
  • Looking for the maybe no-existent Driftwoood Intravenus v1 sharp Matrix. I was thinking that I read it once...but maybe I'm very wrong.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • @dgf

Try this patch out from Driftwood. This is a very sharp patch....

sete.ini
  • Thank you very much Azo

• @dgf

Your welcome this is my modified version of the patch that allows reliable recording in the 30p mode. Try it out in that mode its very good ;-)

• @dgf

1. Apocalypse Now 'Intravenus' v1 Settings

2. Apocalypse Now 'Boom!' - Intra GOP1 24p Flat 4 matrix experiment. Works very well for Mid Shots/Close Ups. Out now for trial 24p REC Mode - this setting has NOT been setup for HBR/FSH or 720p despite what patch adjustments you find inside.

FYI This is a completely different matrix than Chris Brandins. Instead, lets see how far we can push the GH2 and its matrix sharpening. Lets reverse the 'Soft machine' and take a look at how a Flat 4 (All 4s in the matrix) records on a GH2. This has been tested at close-up skintones and mid to tight shots and is very very sharp on a typical soft lens like a Nokton 25mm f0.95. I would probably not recommend this for wider shots or for pany lenses. More notes when I get home from vacation.

The Apocalypse Boom setting is sharper then Intravenus v1. The Moon T-4 setting that I uploaded earlier is better IMO then these 2 settings above. Anyway's here are the patches that you requested. Enjoy ;-)

seti.ini
    seta.ini
  • Thank you very much!

• Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but.... what's the difference between a 'sharp matrix' and sharpening in cam and/or sharpening in post?

• NOt an idiot question at all...just wanted to try a sharper matrix for the soft lenses to be able to use the footage just out of the box.

Just trying stuff in here.