Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • Hey @bkmcwd is the new Valkyrie TZ4 a upgraded version of TZ3? and is TZ4 usable for PAL?

Best Regards, Great Settings!!!

• Hi bkmcwd,

I've just put your latest work Valkyrie 444 TZ4 Beta5 to the harsh test of my fragile GH2 / Sandisk 95Mb/s 32BG equilibrium, and I must say that so far it is VERY stable (as stable as Flow Motion or Sanity X); not a single crash, freeze, writing error, or missed in-cam playback in ALL modes (!?) With the proper WB, the colours were also spot-on, i.e. very true to life. Settings were: iA OFF, i-dyn OFF, i-Res OFF, AF ON, (Leica DG 25mm), Shutter P, Auto-ISO...

Everything runs smoothly, except maybe the 24H mode which seems a little more jittery / vibrant than Flow Motion 2.02 for instance (in spite of the higher frame rate). Note that this is just a first impression, but in any case I LOVE it!

By the way, I personally opted to manually remove all included MPEG modifications so as to keep immediate playbacks available. I wonder what would be the threshold for improved MPEGS that can still be viewed from the GH2...

THKs

• @bkmcwd

Hi,

If I understand your notes well, GOLGOP3-13 is a mix of Driftwood's Sedna and the stock matrix; Valkyrie 444 is a carefully-modified 444 matrix; regarding GOP3ZILLA, you wrote earlier that it was "the simple settings which harnessed the features of the stock (firmware) as it was..." Please tell me: what are the main practical differences then between GOP3ZILLA and your other patch called NATURAL3 ?

So overall, to your opinion, which ONE of these several settings & versions (among GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA4, VALKYRIE TZ 3.1/TZ4, NATURAL3, DUKE...) would offer the best Fluidity, Versatility, and Colour Accuracy, so as to become the most likely all-around solution in a GH2? (No specific shooting style in mind, using a Sandisk 95Mb/s 32GB with AF and some electronic features "On") I've tried all the latest of each set; they appear to be very stable on my card so far (AMAZINGLY SO!)

Sincerely,

• @bkmcwd do you think it is possible to simulate a Log profil in the GH2 with the hack ? Thanks for all your hard work !!!

• @bkmcwd Hey man I hope everything's fine? Even though I'm still waiting for your answer to be sure, I think I found it myself - the difference in TZ3 and TZ4 is the matrix used in the 24p mode, correct? I'm hella confused which one to use, I will try both, getting a second gh2 soon as a... well second A-cam ;)

Oh and if you didn't see check out this thread: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/74/gh2-third-party-batteries#Item_196 finally easy to obtain third party batteris for the GH2 which show the battery indicator ;)

Cheers

• Everyone. I'm out of touch a long period and I apologize for that. I didn't log in for a long time because work for a life was busy recently.

@MrZz

Hi mate, I'm sorry to make you wait for a long time.

I think I found it myself - the difference in TZ3 and TZ4 is the matrix used in the 24p mode, correct?

Yes, that's right! And thanks for the info of batteries. :-)

• @Marathonianbull

Hi mate, I'm sorry to make you wait for a long time.

Many thanks for telling an impression for my settings. I think my settings are most stable, too.

I don't understand at all about MJPEG, so it's being just diverted from Nick's set in the past.

Please tell me: what are the main practical differences then between GOP3ZILLA and your other patch called NATURAL3 ?

The difference between those is only the data size and used QP. There is no difference in particular, but many Japanese users like natural, so I also continue that.

which ONE of these several settings & versions (among GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA4, VALKYRIE TZ 3.1/TZ4, NATURAL3, DUKE...) would offer the best Fluidity, Versatility, and Colour Accuracy, so as to become the most likely all-around solution in a GH2?

It's very difficult to decide that, but I think the latest TZ3 or TZ4 is balanced most.

• @Sanjohn

do you think it is possible to simulate a Log profil in the GH2 with the hack ?

I think at least, it's difficult at the stage now. :-(

• BTW, I know that 60i/HBR of the latest GOLGOP3-13-A2 and MAX are unstable slightly actually.

I have even improved until the middle, there is no time to test recently, so it can't be released yet. However, I think even the settings released already are no problem when not using Panny 7-14 lens. ;-)

• @bkmcwd @duartix @stonebat @driftwood Thanks for your great works. I was follow the firmware hack since 2012, and flash my GF2(14mm 2.5, 14-42mm X) for tens of times. Since 2013 the hack setting of GF2 is not update. So, I wonder if your setting of GH2 is compatible for GF2. I noticed that many GF2 users are waiting for better setting of there CAM.

I summaried the require, we want a setting witch working with sandisk 45MB/s SD card stable, no 4GB spin issue, balenced performance, fairly color correction, smooth and low light performance.

It's very nice if you can answer the question.

• @limax_china there is no reason to hack gf2 at all

• @Alex_K It's small to carry with 14mm panny lens, and GH3 GH4 JP model has no English menu.

• Oh My God!

My GH2 with Valkyrie shot " Golden Lotus - The Musical" was screened on May 31 at the Lebovic Centre for Arts and Entertainment in Stouffville.

• I know I know, a masterpiece, ja aja ja

INFO: Laundry Lexi and his nomad roots' test, shot with a GH2 patched with bkmcwd's Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO4 BETA5 (salud!) through a clumsy daylight vari ND fade, rinsed in free 5DtoRGB and dyed with a cocktail of free Hybrid, still graded with homebrew Alien_H_01 LUT, added pinch of grain and glow (just because), cropped with free Tuttle OFX Crop plugin in a fancy yet ridiculously fake 2:35 ratio, all inside free DRL

Love GOLGOP too, so great in lowlight and kind of clean denoising process, I want to use it more...
    but I'm pretty sure the Valkyrie is staying for a while, at least with µFT glass ,-)

Zen Kiû bkmcwd extended to @Driftwood, @cbrandin, @VK and all the cool folks that walk and talk with love.
    A very special thanks to @thepalalias, dude you rock and I mean it, class =)

• First things first: thank you bkmcwd and the secret japanese sushi-geeky team, also Driftwood, cbrandin, VK and his mustache, thepalalias, and all the retailers of tech, feedbackers, improoveners and beer holding monkeys with no shame whatsoever =)

I brrring... nothing special really, just more boring tests, je je jews!, mainly around grading... cohesion of workflow, banding solving, skin tones... uff!!! aware of me odd compromises (yes dude, I failed) - IMO those 2 are the Achilles' heels of the GH2.
    Cineform is a good, fast alternative if done directly from MTS, AME is incredibly fast digesting them and colors are rendered pleasantly, nevertheless much less leeway (non dither/denoised) for CC. Motherfuckin riping 444 type-zero beta5 Valkyries!!!!
    Piss, I mean peace!

• Im new to this hack gop3zilla 176mb, is there anyway to remove the auto iso, i prefer manual everything. Secondly is it normal for HBR setting to disappear? I had sedna AQ1 pack which still had the hbr recording setting. Thanks in advance

• bkmcwd "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.1&filmconvert

• @bonkuratv ja aj aajaj aja what a great little video!!! That deserves sum over the top foley sound effects :P
    I'm sending this to my kungfu, surfer, chinese doctor, bet he's gonna love it.
    BTW google translated your PV user's name as dickheadtv, is it?

PS
    If you ever shooting high ISOs, avidemux has a good set of (fast enough) inbuilt noise reduction filters. The drawbacks are avi export (HuffYUV) and batch; this last one can be scripted but I still haven't managed it. Personally I find it to work great even with underexposed footage; one can also lift gamma up quite a bit with inbuilt filters. Tried this both with Driftwood's Sedna and Valkyrie. Together with Hybrid's dithering and for particular cases (few files, heavy grading) - tweaking tweaking tweaking says Igor - it works even better than 5DtoRGB+Hybrid combo =)

avidemux march build for OSX 10.11 - direct DL link

and nightly builds' directory (also win 32/64) - http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/

• @bonkuratv Cool as a mother-fucker. Inspirational.

• @maxr @matt_gh2 Thank you for watching!!

BTW google translated your PV user's name as dickheadtv, is it? The google translator works perfectly!

avidemux Thank you for informations!! GH2 is still enough image quality for me.but compared with recent camera,high iso noise appear much.so I will try this next time!!

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters