Personal View site logo
Zhongyi Lens Turbo II (FD-NEX) Infinity & focus seems off
  • First off with this post please bear in mind I'm not a pro or really a photographer, I come from a tv post production background and have started to take a greater interest in photography as an artform.

I recently purchased a Camdiox speedbooster (FD-MFT) adapter from Roxsen to use with a Blackmagic Cinema Camera and a host of FD lenses which I've been given.

Using a dumb adapter (MFT-NEX) I fitted the Camdiox to my NEX5N while I was awaiting for the Blackmagic to arrive and found that the Camdiox produced the well known blue spots in bright light, as have been described by others, I immediately sent this back and decided to pay a bit more and buy a Zhongyi Lens Turbo.

Having read the countless reviews saying that then Lens Turbo II was a better bet to escape blue spots I picked one up but this time decided to get it in FD-NEX form just for photography with the NEX5N.

It arrived and so far I've found that none of my FD lenses achieve infinity focus and a poor through-out. I've now read that these adapters cannot achieve infinity due to the rear element bumping the adapter - I'm so confused by why this is - can anyone explain why they've made this adapter if it cannot be used properly, as an non-professional I would think that having infinity to be a requirement of any lens.

Apart from the blue spots issue with the camdiox version I found it to be pretty perfect - I'm gutted to find my only possibility to use my FD lenses is the costly metabones.

• 1 Reply sorted by