Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • Just came back from 2 weeks vacation, where I shot a lot of wildlife. During the trip I converted back from T8 to T7 because I did not like the 30fps, which I sometimes use, when handheld without stabilization.

I'm not to say which is better of the two 24p, both look great to me.

• I installed T8 Moon Intra last night and just spent this afternoon out with the GH2 with a 64Gb 45Mbps card, filming in HBR, without the slightest hint of a glitch. I get the feeling the speed relates to the data flow rate before compression so the stream to the card is way smaller. Just awaiting the 22Gb of video to transfer to my edit box now.

• @driftwood Managed to Shoot this and Edit very quickly with the new Beta T8 patch. I used a Helios 44-2 58mm and a Pentax 50mm lens. Any suggestions as to why I'm getting lines in the background? Is this just a lighting issue or something more any thoughts? Thanks

• @DouglasRoberts24 I'm no expert, but it may be "banding" which can occur in underexposed areas, particularly surfaces that are one color (like a white wall). If you search "banding" on this site, you'll come up with ways to avoid it and ways to deal with it in editing/color correcting if it does come up. (Images on your video look good BTW, maybe find a solution with search and apply to this video to remove or at least minimize banding.)

• Moon T7 is reliable T8 fails in most cases. the very worst part is the incam playback error from T8.

• Some years ago I made a documentary about an very old graveyard (Bergklooster) in The Netherlands. It was shot with the Moon T5/VY Canis Majoris patch. It was also screened at a local 4K cinema (4K Sony Projector) and it looked great! (delivered the file in DCP format)

• GH2@spizz T7 Smooth -2-2-2-2

• moon t8 hbr slow motion test. :)

• I'm having a lot of fun with Moon T8, definitely best settings yet. This video was shot in 24L mode, as I could not afford to use 24H as I had mixed up my 16 and 64 gb cards :'(

I shot handheld, the videos were shaky so I used timewarp to smooth out the shake and slow down the video, annoyingly it made the video less sharp.

• Moon T8, color correction

• Here's a trailer for a movie that we planning to get it done for a local Movie Festival. This is not the final grading/resolution, just a muck up one. The final product hasn't been finalized yet.

Moon T8 used.

Password is: Mt.Martha

• Am I missing something here? You can select frame rate other than 'HBR' and '24P' - where is this secret menu?!?

Loving Moon T8 Intra, though a short video has filled my laptop's SSD drive! Must edit it!!

• The first serious cold days. Spizz T7@ lumix 14mm.

• Just wanted to tune in and say that Moon T8 works on my SanDisk 32GB 45MB/s cards too! Though spanning does not work, my GH2 records reliably in HBR mode (25p) ending the clip when 4 GB of file size are reached and stopping the recording. (filming "towi's death movie" and "instantaneous death screen" in loop mode off of my lcd) Thanks Driftwood! Now I get "Moon"-quality without having to buy the 95MB/s cards, although with some limitations. Next test will be 24p mode!

@monode set your camera to ntsc - go to the setup menu and change video out to ntsc, restart and you will get 30p in HBR and 60p ;) If you already recorded clips with 25fps or 50 you will have to reformat the sd card. the same goes for the other way round.

Cheers

• @Siim you got some very nice flying aerial shoots. Can you maybe post an image of your copter.

• Thank you! This is a plain old DJI S800 with Zenmuse. Nothin' exciting .. :)

• All Spizz T7

• Spizz T5. 1250 iso. Custom Log/Curve + Kodak 2393 Lut:

• guys, what you think about T8 ? Its stable ? I wanna make a short film with gh2, Im thinking about T8 and T7

• Some terrific shots of late (as above) Im actually working on a Moon T9 atm. :-)

• @driftwood Is that true (about T9)? I, for one, do hope it is

• @driftwood Sir, you recomended t7 or t8?

• @driftwood: Is there a little chance for modifying the profile parameters (contrast and saturation) to get even lower decreasing at -2?

• I've been doing a lot of reading around, but im still kind of struggling and want some advice once and for all . File size irrelevant, which patch offers THE explicit best 720p image quality. I have a sandisk 95mbs, so I should be good for any patch.

Im currently using Moon T7, and am interested if I can get any better quality at all ? I use exclusively 720/60

Many thanks