Personal View site logo
Movie posters you like
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • Guys at Criterion really do give some love =)

3_crit.jpg
    1053 x 500 - 134K
  • old favorites

MV5BMTcyMzQ5NDM4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODUwNDg3OA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
    375 x 500 - 27K
    Midnight-Express.jpg
    200 x 285 - 27K
  • @libertas Apocalypse Now's one of my fav work (of any type of craft)
    Very much enjoyed the cleaner, extended OST in the redux version :-)

Today we will go 2013, gay and colourful =)

Mark Weaver for Spencer McCall's The Institute / 2013

Revamped Clio Barnard's The Selfish Giant, author unknown / 2013
    Inspired on Oscar Wilde's piece... can work as prolog for fantastisch Scrapper

Alain Guiraudie's L'inconnu du Lac by AddressDesign / 2013
    Superb artwork, great title and very very interesting film, also literally full of dicks (ohhh)

• This is the first concept poster I made for my film.

Screen Shot 2014-11-13 at 6.09.52 PM.png
    754 x 1080 - 1M
  • @Gardner :-)

Check these B's

Eskil Vogt's Blind by Jørgen Stangebye Larsen / 2014

• buckarooBANZIIIIII.jpg
    465 x 647 - 74K
    Chris_B_Murray-Reservoir_Dogs_2_The_Bitches_Collar.jpg
    465 x 672 - 82K
    Ruben_Ireland-Labyrinth_2.jpg
    465 x 658 - 42K
  • @jleo you're the boss of things that do not come to life :P
    IMO those posters have certain "modern comic" design/look; so I hastily collected some that might loosely relate...

Golgota-RO.jpg
    551 x 792 - 83K
    uncle-boonmee-who-can-recall-his-past-lives-poster1.jpg
    513 x 755 - 82K
  • great thread, ya'll!

Beautiful german version of Murnau's last film Tabu / 1931
    co-written with Robert J. Flaherty (Nanook of the North)

The sweet angelical face (Anne Chevalier) with an open smile stamped with the word tabu's double meaning, yet referring to its polynesian origins, yet implying "the" forbidden. Can't get simpler and still compelling, germans knew all right, also about type =)
    BTW, norwegian Blind film above is great piece of intermingled ("parallel" or possible) storytelling

• @maxr That Mean Streets poster is kinda badass. 70s/80s a golden time for US cinema. Today doesn't quite match up.

• Hey Matt!!! I think it has to do with the way one leans to solve a problem; in that time there was funk, disco, hippie hangover, pencils, silk-screen process, no contact lens, etc. Today we're resolving almost anything and everything (from social to crafts, from information to pure leisure) through computers, even our heads are a bit formatted that way now, wouldn't you say?; meanwhile our belly buttons are connected to the rest of the human race. Someone said the problem is that the model is now global... anyway, earth to start scratch away the fleas infestation is overdue (JUO JUO JUO sinister laugh with reverb 62)

That doesn't take that there are still humanoids :P doing good/great movie posters, special @matt_gh2

Seijun Suzuki's image

Francis Ford Coppola's

The Coen bros'

And Xan Cassavetes' -- I put a big copy of this one, 'cause it's worth a closer look

• @maxr I would love to be the DP for that film :)

• @Gardner je je je. You might get a bigger kick out of this one though. Sand and "love" J.

Hiroshi Teshigahara's Suna no onna aka Woman in the Dunes / 1964
    Unfortunately I was unable to find a decent sized copy of this fantastik poster from this unforgettable flik

• 4 posters with similar layout of movies I haven't seen; specially fond of the visitor one

And very nice artwork - from IMO a "decent" docu; another example of men exploiting anything profitable and all the BS that such cynical acts (entertainment as today's replacement of moral/spiritual values) is coverup with. We are an intelligent species all right

• Some mostly horror classics and variations and infiltrated worms misc +)

bigger jpeg
    and
    full size 4000px - direct download

• 4 more misc ones, related in form or colour, maybe =)

Moral and technique aside, if only to see a very emulation of the epoque camera work and image style, NO it's worth it

• @maxr Good looking stuff here. Green Eyed reminds me of Lolita. The Loft has that late 70s/early 80s feel. Thanks for posting hoss.

• @matt_gh2 always good to hear from you =)

Great polish b&w film and poster

Just because some context with hue variation :P (dev with Alien_H_01 LUT) image

And girls smiling which is always good, last photo I took before my GH3 broke down, but that's a completely different story.

• profondo rosso

• posters of the segregated film industry: from the book

Separate Cinema: The First 100 Years of Black Poster Art by John Duke Kisch (Editor), Tony Nourmand (Editor), Spike Lee (Afterword)

http://www.reelartpress.com/catalog/edition/59/separate-cinema

imageimageimageimagesrc="http://www.personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/48/06c6bd9a6ef76692d19b641b9c6afc.jpg" />imageimageimage

Crimson_Skull_6S_1922_copy.jpg
    465 x 456 - 66K
    Bosambo_SWE_1935_copy.jpg
    465 x 672 - 95K
    Flying_Ace_1S_1926_copy.JPG
    465 x 698 - 100K
    Black_Gold_1S_1928.jpg
    465 x 709 - 93K
    CarmenJones.jpg
    495 x 720 - 95K
    Cabinin sky.jpg
    483 x 720 - 150K
    BabyisBlack.jpg
    675 x 1020 - 228K
  • salu2 @jleo

Stunning film, in all possible ways

poster-loreak copy.jpg
    800 x 1132 - 404K
  • A couple Metzgers.

the one I like, pinnacle of subtleness :P

and the one lady D likes, had to post it as she introduced me, je je

Nice Doc, very "dramatic"... in all relations that come from exposing and exploring lives of those creating independent games =)