Personal View site logo
Tim Cook - I’m proud to be gay
  • 69 Replies sorted by
  • It's been see as "trendy" to be OR act gay for some time, how many actually have male to male sex. I would guess that more act gay than actually engage in the physical side of sharing their butt-holes. Appearing to be gay can have it's rewards, cool job with trendy company in certain industries, associations with fashion organisations etc.

I don't think full blown (pardon the pun) Gayship is widespread, most i believe are fakes.

• Bigotry has led to far more deaths than homosexuality, Endo.

• Values are more important.

accepting an aberrant nature as a normal aproach of extending life is corrupted. Most bad things in this modern world are corrupted but accepted. Reading this shit for 2pages draw 2 conclutions

To many people here talk based on nothing more than current media posture. Accepting gaynes as normal thing is an indicator of a well corrupted society, just like money.

• Yawn. Never used any of the fruit company's products, not interested in the company much less their CEO even less his sexual orientation, straight or twisted ... Despite the popularity of the company and their products.

In contrast I am far more interested in company like Aramco, their products, and their CEO Khalid Al Falih, because I use their products everyday. I bet everyone on this forum uses their products, EVERY DAY, although not too many know the company or who Khalid Al Falih is.

• In contrast I am far more interested in company like Aramco, their products, and their CEO Khalid Al Falih, because I use their products everyday. I bet everyone on this forum uses their products, EVERY DAY, although not too many know the company or who Khalid Al Falih is

:-)

• @vitaliy your sister argument seems to me to be reductio ad absurdum.

I'm ducking out now. Been good chewing It over with you VK, but some of the posts from others mean I don't want to keep looking at this thread...

• @endotoxic "If the world was gay that would be the end of human race. Gay is bad for humanity nature. Nowdays being gay is accepted as a cultural thing. Many things are wrong but accepted in this corrupted capitalist world."

The world is overpopulated. We need more gay people, not less.

• I'm pretty certain I can pick the fakes, I have a gay sister, a gay ex son in law ( died 15 years ago from aids) and many genuine gay female friends and a few gay male friends, all are definitely genuine, live a full life and aren't defensive or overplay the fact that they are gay, don't necessarily go to gay meets or bars, they just mingle in general social settings and I've never seen any aggression or resentment from others when in their company. They can and do poke fun at themselves and accept others will too. They also can pick the fakes, but have said it doesn't particularly concern them. They don't approve of other gays making a song and dance about acceptance, special treatment or media hogging.

One of the problems when discussing Gay topics is its usually way to serious, you should be able to have a little fun just like you would discussing Male/Female relationships, " taking the Micky" as we do in OZ.

• Vitaliy, i think it was you who misinterpreted my post. My point was that engineers don't need successful public figures to help some people believe that being an engineer 'ok', because engineers don't HAVE that battle, but many homosexuals do currently, hence peoples need for public figures and public pride such as this. Imagine the 14 year old gay kid living deep south who has never even HEARD of a successful and proud (and HAPPY) gay person. Now he has. Mission accomplished by Tim Cook. That alone could be life changing for that 14 year old boy. I think I get where you're coming from: aspiration of a world where we wouldn't NEED this, but wake up! We still fucking need this and to say we don't just exemplifies your distance from the subject. The day gay people stop getting beat up, talked down to or discriminated against in any way is the day we won't need people to make public statements like Tim Cooks.

• Imagine the 14 year old gay kid living deep south who has never even HEARD of a successful gay person. Now he has. Mission accomplished by Tim Cook.

Imagine 14 years boy that after story about engineer (and not about some guy who is just gay or some girl who is just stupid bad singer) saw this as good example, worked hard, become engineer by himself and solved some important problem with many other engineers. It is something to be proud of.

Btw, as I understand your guy lived all last 14 years with wolves so he does not heard about "successful gay person"? In such case how he could use this coming? :-)

• Oh, I agree, if that's all that was needed to get that 14 year old boy to believe he can, then that's awesome, and thats what happened to many of us (studied great filmmakers-> wanted to do that-> pursued). But to answer your question: Hope. Thats how. Something he maybe has not had before. Maybe it's just the inciting incident to give him the courage to leave kentucky or whatever and move to San Fransisco to finally be the person he feels he is inside. Of course my example was hypothetical, but it's not far fetched in the least. The trapped scenario many repressed homosexuals find themselves in is a state of 'Learned Helplessness' and it's one of the things that often keeps abused wives loyal to their abusive husbands or a creates a relationship dynamic like stockholm syndrome: it's about people who have no fight left. Anyways, I don't want to get into a psychological debate about the implications of repressive environments, but if you still don't get my point, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Maybe it's just the inciting incident to give him the courage to leave kentucky or whatever and move to San Fransisco to finally be the person he feels he is inside. Of course my example was hypothetical, but it's not far fetched in the least.

Well, let's just look at US.

How many coming outs of famous gays you see? Quite many. Some do it for real, others for PR. Anyway.

How many reports about engineers or similar people, telling story of their life you see on major TV channels? Well, could happen not even one in years.

Now, let's look at statistics and consequences in economics and demographics.
    What is happening?
    Big shit. Lot of imported engineers from China, India, etc Degradation of education in US.
    Big number of gays around who can be only proud to be gays and have no use for society.
    Degradation of family, big drop in number of children risen in full family.

• Sorry Vitaliy, this is starting to sound a bit like your country's public stance on homosexuality. I don't believe we are able to have this conversation at this time for reasons of our inability to relate on the subject. Personally, I have quite a number of friends that are homosexual (and successful members of society and economy), so your statement falls so short of the reality I see that it's borderline propaganda in my view. And I can't argue propaganda, that's like trying to talk over a fog horn. For example, I don't know a single unemployed homosexual, in fact, 2 of the most successful people I know are gay (and one of them is an engineer who went to stanford - go fucking figure). On the other hand, out of the 5 heterosexual guys I housemated with in my 20's, 2 of them are now unemployed and have been for some time. And furthermore: the decline of engineers (and ALL working professionals) coming out of the USA has nothing to do with homosexuality and everything to do with the education budget getting deferred to military spending. Trying to blame that on a more accepting culture of homosexuality is both laughable and frightening, simultaneously.

• Personally, I have quite a number of friends that are homosexual (and successful members of society and economy), so your statement falls so short of the reality I see that it's borderline propaganda in my view. And I can't argue propaganda, that's like trying to talk over a fog horn.

Problem is my last post is all but propaganda.
    It is just description of reality around you. Reality that bites, reality most do not like to see.

• Wow. I rest my case. I think people on your side of the argument will see your point and people on the other side will see mine. We don't need to take it any further here.

• And furthermore: the decline of engineers (and ALL working professionals) coming out of the USA has nothing to do with homosexuality and everything to do with the education budget getting deferred to military spending. Trying to blame that on a more accepting culture of homosexuality is both laughable and frightening, simultaneously.

Well, you edited post after my answer.

I think you need to read things carefully.
    My point being that people who create, who make real work have real value.
    People who push only their nation, their color, their sexual orientation as their advantage are meaningless guys.
    In fact, people who started fight for rights from below had same point. Your must be treated equally, but only if you made something, worked same hard work. Reality sometimes became quite different.

• Thing is, people are not treated equally. That's precisely the problema.

• Well true story here: I have a dear friend whom I grew up with who is totally straight - he was an architect and in the mid 90's after getting out of school he had a hard time finding a job. So he decides to try out this firm with an entirely gay staff. Ok, so he get's hired and feels that he needs to 'act gay' to stay there...so he starts dressing 'gay' for example wearing tight cut off shirts and construction boots and also starts acting a bit effeminate, and whatever. After a couple of weeks he gets fired, as the boss says he acts too openly gay and it will effect the clients perception of them. So aside from being a true and funny story - what do you call this? Reverse gay discrimination? :-)

• I think we must close it. All things are clear now, more or less.

If someone want to ask anything you can PM me.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions