Personal View site logo
Tim Cook - I’m proud to be gay
  • 69 Replies sorted by
  • You say your pedophile extreme is made to make me think? research? and to not use emotion? you need to find a better extreme example then :) You cannot invoke people to not use emotion in a discussion like this let alone when you bring in child sex abuse.

I can, and I will :-) My example is very valid one. As if pedophile is defined by some natural phenomenon and is born such, we are restricting his right. Same way as gay right where restricted. You think that being pedophile and doing such thing is a crime. But most societies had absolutely same thought toward gay people very short time ago. What makes you think it won't change?

but i think if you are going to suggest that someone who defends homosexuality by extension should defend pedophilia (even if just playing devil's advocate), then i think you should be thick skinned enough to deal with someone saying 'i guess you don't have any kids'

What if some parents think (and have some backing facts) that it is media that can make their children into gay or lesbian and want to fight to not allow it? What is the difference?

I think some are thinking about it, they are just terrified to publicly act on it, others repress it, which is sad but for some maybe ultimately doesn't really affect them.

Well, I asked about some definition of gay and how it can be determinated if one is such. As if it is only perception, it means that it is defined only by sensor input. Friends, parents, talks, media.

I understand your religion/god argument as it relates to religion/god, i use it many times myself. I don't really understand how it relates here. sorry if i'm missing something obvious.

It is perfectly in place here. As percentage of gay is dependent on the country and media/society politics, almost same as religion. So, defending gay right arguments (as in case of their oppression they have terrible life and can't come out) become arguments for destroying people life (because same people in other place have perfect family, love their spouse of opposite sex and have big number of children, never even though about being gay or such). Things are much more complex than elites and mass media want you to think.

• @vitaliy You say your pedophile extreme is made to make me think? research? and to not use emotion? you need to find a better extreme example then :) You cannot invoke people to not use emotion in a discussion like this let alone when you bring in child sex abuse. I will discuss this maturely for as long as i can take it without becoming too depressed, but you cannot ask me to do so without a modicum of emotion. It is what makes us human.

i apologize if i was too personal, but i think if you are going to suggest that someone who defends homosexuality by extension should defend pedophilia (even if just playing devil's advocate), then i think you should be thick skinned enough to deal with someone saying 'i guess you don't have any kids'! If you do, then you'd understand ;) But, you're right, should have kept that out of it.

You are saying that the homosexuals didn't think about it until media told them. this is ''one' way of looking at the correlation, certainly not 'the only' way. and i don't agree with it. i certainly didn't prove your statement. I think some are thinking about it, they are just terrified to publicly act on it, others repress it, which is sad but for some maybe ultimately doesn't really affect them.

I understand your religion/god argument as it relates to religion/god, i use it many times myself. I don't really understand how it relates here. sorry if i'm missing something obvious.

I am not versed in Dostoyevsky, but at least in C&P wasn't the right to kill argument just a very individual one in someone who thought they were above society? i think we are far from the original argument here, and this tangent isn't one i can knowledgeably argue about.

• What? This is America, large swathes of the population continue to disparage gays. Gay are routinely bullied in school, ostracized by family members and ridiculed by peers. Evangelical christians consider them the spawn of satan. For some it's no big deal, for others? It's a huge deal.

• Many people like myself never had any problem with gay people until they started advocating reverse discrimination and retribution. We should all be free to express ourselves as we choose in a free society. Unfortunately that isn't the case when the gay media-mafia decides to come after you under the familiar mantra of "social justice."

Phil Robertson got savaged when he said he personally didn't find male-on-male sex to be very appealing. What if he had said he didn't find it appealing to eat gluttonous amounts of food like that fat guy on the food network? Would there have been similar outcry for his lack of acceptance of a fat TV personality? People should not expect their personal behavior to be sacrosanct and a part of the personal desires of every person on the planet. It's never going to happen.

Additionally, Brendan Eich of Mozilla was "revealed" to have supported Proposition 8 which was actually passed by more than 52% of voters in the state of California in 2008. Still, the gay lobby decided it was time to make an example of someone with mafia-like tactics in order to try and strike fear into ALL technology executives in silicon valley.

Many from the gay community have since come out and said these scorched-earth tactics are not helping gay acceptance - and I agree with that. People tend to take notice when advocacy groups start holding guns to people's heads and demanding their loyalty. It doesn't make friends in the long run, rather resentful "subjects."

In my opinion gay acceptance has reached the point where advocacy is no longer necessary and is now mostly used for self-serving publicity reasons. If this Cook announcement is followed up by some new Apple marketing initiative that further embraces the gay community, Tim and Apple's motivation will seem pretty clear, at least to me.

• homosexuals fighting to right to flush brains of your sister using mass media and turn her into lesbian? Sad, very sad, and yes those are emotions

If you put citation back in context, it is pure logic. May be one you do not like, yes.

But your mass media telling that perception is only thing that defines gay means that same mass media and friends can ruin my sister life, made her lesbian. And, suppose in her 60s politics and goals of elites will change, and media will explain that guys who told previous things were criminals. Well, fuck. No one still have time machine for her to go back and have a family.

• Do not use emotions? homosexuals fighting to right to flush brains of your sister using mass media and turn her into lesbian? Sad, very sad, and yes those are emotions

• @manstok

Gay people were born gay for ages, even when there was no mass media

What scientifically defines gay?

As if it is only his perception and nothing else it can be changed any time. But your statement means that something else determinates if someone is gay or not.

• @neosushi

Especially this part :" If you spent some time researching history you'll find strange thing. Most people had quite logical reason to hate jews due to things they did."

What do you know about history of jews?
    Reasons why they had been punished under different rulers in different countries?

Goal of my words is to make you wish to get a book and read it. Not to repeat me here words about tolerance you just heard from your TV or newspaper.

On the one hand I don't even see how this posts have anything to do with this website. And with rationality and intelligence on the other.

LOL. You seems to be new here. PV blog is always such. Made to force your little gray cells to do that they are supposed to do, but are not doing usually - think.

• @manstok, thanks, sorry for not noticing ;)

• @neosushi, look at my avatar, i feel the same

• i guess you don't have any kids.

Stop going to personal things :-) Got it? Don't make wrong guesses.

Most likely if media are discussing it (good or bad) you are in a country where it is easier to come out.

Well, you do not read carefully.

So, if this theory is true, it must be huge number of hidden gays around for long time. Something tells me that around 99% of them never even though about it before being told by other people and media.

My words that you just proved :-)

You can also ask yourself question. How it happens that in certain countries, nations or areas people believe in certain version of god?

If I will follow your logic - they where born with such believes. Well, fuck. Multiple experiments where made where just born babies moved to other, distant country and somehow they grown up and started to believe in other version of god, common to their new home. Same with gays. Easy theory and easy explanation. But if we accept such theory few thousands of journalist and their owners must be prosecuted for ruining life and making real killings (not born babies due to their propaganda can be treated as such).

Your pedophile argument is more akin to saying "if i want to kill people i should be allowed to, what the hell's wrong with that - it's what i want to do."

Well, did you read Dostoevsky? He has good thing about your attempt to put it into more extreme. And it is hard question, in fact. People killed other people in huge quantities. Always. This is that people do. It is not that I am fan of it. :-)

In fact my pedophile extreme sample is made to make you think and research. Do not use emotions.

• Wow this whole conversation is sad. And terrifying.

Especially this part :" If you spent some time researching history you'll find strange thing. Most people had quite logical reason to hate jews due to things they did."

On the one hand I don't even see how this posts have anything to do with this website. And with rationality and intelligence on the other.

• Wow, shocking personal-view

• @vitaliy because we should protect children over the right to have freedom of expression. i guess you don't have any kids. Your pedophile argument is more akin to saying "if i want to kill people i should be allowed to, what the hell's wrong with that - it's what i want to do." the homosexual argument is one of CONSENTING ADULTS. Your repeated quote of research that says "number of gay couples directly correlate only to media politics in the country" doesn't prove anything about brainwashing, my god. Most likely if media are discussing it (good or bad) you are in a country where it is easier to come out.

• i find your reference to pedophilia a little astounding. pedophilia is illegal to protect the child. it is illegal to have a picture (of a sexual nature) of a child on your phone because it means that child was exploited in generating the picture. This argument is irrelevant. The right homosexuals are after is a right to have a relationship between two consenting adults.

Argument is very relevant. As all depends on your point of view. From current point of view 19th and early centuries is full of pedophiles, almost all elites were actually pedophiles.

What is so different between someone fighting for the right to fuck your baby to the homosexuals fighting to right to flush brains of your sister using mass media and turn her into lesbian? I see little difference.

• @FrankGlencairn the status quo for these things was that people had to be ashamed, and 2nd class citizens because of it. to be 'proud' is just them standing up and saying 'no, i'm not ashamed' etc.

@vitaliy i find your reference to pedophilia a little astounding. pedophilia is illegal to protect the child. it is illegal to have a picture (of a sexual nature) of a child on your phone because it means that child was exploited in generating the picture. This argument is irrelevant. The right homosexuals are after is a right to have a relationship between two consenting adults. if acts between adults occur (gay or straight) and one party isn't consenting, regardless of age, then it again becomes illegal (rape).

• Gay people were born gay for ages, even when there was no mass media.

It is one of the theories. :-) But strangely, number of gay couples directly correlate only to media politics in the country. So, if this theory is true, it must be huge number of hidden gays around for long time. Something tells me that around 99% of them never even though about it before being told by other people and media.

• Better stay on topic people. Gay people were born gay for ages, even when there was no mass media

• As soon as being an engineer subjects you to ostracization from many (and often popular) society, your argument will be valid.

Problem is that you even did not spent time to read all post :-)

If you read any mass media - being gay is real big achievement, you won't find anything about engineers and their life and prize they get at all. May be Apple told you about engineers who made iPhone 6 possible? No? Strange. How it is better to treat real workers like dirt while putting rainbow on the flag and rising it high?

• Oh boy am I sick of all this "proud" BS. Proud to be gay, proud to be black, a Jew, a German, American ore even a woman?

How can anybody be "proud" for something he was accidentally born into? Some country, some gender, some race, skin color or sexual preference?

Oh pleazzze - it's nothing you have accomplished stupid, it just happened .

If those people wouldn't be so selfimportant, and wouldn't make such a fuzz about it (which is the sheer opposite of the "normal" they always ask for), we would have reached gender-, race-, andwhatnot-blindness since years. But since they make them self so special (and often even better) than the rest - the rest is just pissed off.

@RottenCarcass

"to be gay is horrible and I can never accomplish anything - there are no gay presidents, and no gay senators, and no gay generals and no gay CEOs of respected companies". AHA! YES THERE ARE, AND TIM IS ONE, and one day YOU CAN BE TOO!"

Well there is always a carrier in the catholic church - up to the highest ranks ;-) And when it comes to gay presidents, gay senators and gay generals - do your research and you may be very surprised.

• As soon as being an engineer subjects you to ostracization from many (and often popular) society, your argument will be valid. Until then, good luck!

• http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/30/7133103/thank-you-tim-cook

Well, mass media :-)

I wan to see another coming outs. Like "Tim Uncook - I am proud to be engineer" and story how he made things and invented things since being child and how he become founder for his own company, how he worked 15 hours a day for years and finally made big company that made smartphone and computer of such quality that Apple decided to move to condoms market.

Instead we have coming out where leading manager famous for pushing contractors to reduce their workers salaries as much as possible tells us that he likes to push his dick in the different hole belonging to a guy. Well, shit.

• The forum is 'above' platform bashing but apparently not above equating being gay with being a pedophile, or the idea that people "turn" gay due to media influence because they can't "find their girl".... the mind boggles

In math it is usual method. I just pushed to the extreme. To make you think and find the difference (and it is not much difference here).

As for girls and becoming gay. Problem here is that science does not support usual gay theory that it is some kind of nature "gift". For most actual gays it is not gift, it is purely their choice. For some it is media flushing their small poor minds, for others it is logical choice as it allow to get big advantage (yes, being minority also provides big advantage sometimes).

In the start of 20th century some people seriously fought (and still are) for right to go naked openly every day. Quite natural thing. Yet if you try to do it today you will be pressed much more than being open gay, much more. I do not see media cry for this. Why?

• Gay people are gay by choice - first view. Gay people are created by propaganda and believing propaganda - first view Gay people are sexual perverts - first view Gay people destroy society and retirement funds - first view Jewish people are evil and so it's understandable to discriminate against them - first view.

Well, pedophiles are pedophiles by choice. Yet you get life sentence in most countries for this, sometimes even if police will find one picture or video on your note. Why not fight for equal rights here? May be your 10 year daughter also need full right to choose if she want to fuck this this old daddy? No? Why gay can make this choice in same age after watching main news with such coming outs? What is the actual difference?

If you do not have any offsprings it must be penalized - it is actually working people in economy who make your life as old guy possible, not some financial funds.

If you did not good things that society was against and become rich and powerful while making huge number of people poor and in debt, and, after some time, society made bad things with you - do not cry that you have some specific nation, look at your actions.

The first view is understandable, but you cannot argue against it on a website. You must bow and keep quiet, because just like you cannot convince someone in a few short posts that praying for rain is hopeless, because you cannot give them a physics education in posts on a website, so you cannot explain sociology, history, anthropology, biology and economics in a few posts on a website.

I am confused. As it is because science and proper education most people stopped praying for rain (some still do) :-)

I do not think I can explain all in few posts, but I can ignite interest so they could find more detailed posts and books.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions