Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • I'm using Panasonic 14mm 2.5. Tried without iA, same results. I can say tho, that Moon T7 at 24 is the only mode that worked. I'll try SDformater right away!

• Did try SDformater, moonT7 works now for both 24fps and 30fps, i guess i'll have to find other suitable setting for 60p.

Thanks for help! :D

• @kingkorg

No problem, 60p i never really use too, but also not something which Moon T7 is specifically made for i believe, as another tip, try to see if you can start using good manual lenses instead of m43 autofocus lenses, they don't really make sense from a focussing standpoint and need a lot of in-cam processing to sort out distortion and other lens shortcomings which take up resources that are most-def also needed for stable high-bitrate or strong compression.

• Damn, it crashes on 60p even with Flowmotion 2.02. I really don't get this.

• Now, i took the lens off , tried to record without it, it jammed, but after restart it started working like a charm, with iA, auto focus, NR, everything. Does it have something to do with stock firmware i am using from Panasonic, it's V10?

And now after 10 minutes it jams again.

• Damn, i'm an idiot, it works with 1.1 stock firmware, and i've been watching this stupid video which has links to 1.0 stock firmware!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?index=1&list=PL-3mr0QREVv0sVaY6nnb0xSQjjbjliTEP&v=5yGf1fvjbdA&src_vid=AHBjA__vxKg&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_1100639699

I was ready to buy another card!

• @kingkorg Ay mate didn't think you'd miss that basic step as you already found your way to a driftwood thread and got yourself a sandisk 95/64.. let us know how stability works out further down the road. While we're on the subject also make sure to use the latest ptool (3.66), not the version in the video ;)

• @kingkorg

Format the card only one way, in camera.

If you still have issues after that, I'd say you got a bad card. That thing is a beast and is normally the ONLY card that can work flawlessly with these 'big boy' patches.

• Shot whole day yesterday, everything works great with moonT7. Before i bought the camera i spent like a month reading the forum, browsing videos and tutorials, but i missed the part with 1.1 firmware. Tho i'm not inexperienced with video, it's my first time with GH2.

Russel's video is simple and great, took me 3min to hack the camera, but unfortunately he didn't provide links he should, i sent him a message, hope he'll respond and update. And 1.1 firmware was around when he made the video.

I actually used this ptool from video, and everything works fine, so i'll keep it until next project, since it's stable. ...for now...

Great community, helpful people, thanks guy!!!

• I just scored myself a SD 64GB/95mbs from Am*zon, it works great. I did format it in camera and looks like it's exFAT which I found out it's the latest vesrsion of FAT32. Now the problem I got is, after I spanned almost one hour to see how it coping with Moon T8, the video is split in blocks of 4GB, is that normal?

Thanks for your input.

P.S. My PS3, doesn't recognize this SD card at all.

• Yes, that's normal. The camera splits them, even on exFAT.

The PS3 doesn't like exFAT.

• Spizz T7@HBR 25p. Vintage m42 lenses. Sandisk 64GB/95MB/s. Smooth -2; -2; -2; -2

• Both T7 & T8 are stable with 720P 50fps. 60P is 20% extra work and this may explain the problem users are having. 1920x1080 25P has the same number of pixels as 1280x720P, so no extra work for the processor and the buffers to the card. Maybe this is why it works for me in PAL land.

Have also found the SanDisk micro 32GB Ultra work reliably with T7 & T8, whilst the full size 32Gb fall over. After changing the 'hack' always reformat in camera.

• hi, I want to share my latest work. I am shooting a Kite Festival at Belitung Island, Indonesia. I am using GH2 with Spizz T7 hack. Using a "Natural 0,0,0,0" Hope you enjoy it

• Here's the official trailer for my feature film set to release early next year!

• @Gardner

This shot with Moon T8?

• @T1000 Intravenous V2, Moon T8, and Spizz T7!

• @T1000 Intravenous V2, Moon T8, and Spizz T7!

• Shot on hacked GH2 with Moon T8 Lenses: Panasonic 15mm/f1.7

• @Gardner nice looking preview/trailer

Sorry, I'm about to ask the 'usual' about lenses - which did you use?

Also you said you used IV2, Moon T8 and Spizz T7, which setting did you like using (or perhaps the results of using) best?

• @Gardner, Good looking trailer.. All the best for it. Any particular reason for using 3 different patches? Did you decide that based on different storyline (for a particular look you wanted for some character ) or was it based on Day/Night shots or something else? Thanks

• @JayUKB Thanks a lot, and for the film we used the Nikon 50mm 1.2, Voigtlander 25mm .95, And Panasonic 14-42mm 3.5-5.6. There was another Nikon lens used but I forgot the focal length, something like 75-135mm I think. I love the grain that comes out of IV2 and it grades really nice, but by far the Moon T8 hack would be my favorite. From my experience, it gave us sharpness, great low-light, and it held up well when graded.

@Aashay The reason I chose to shoot with Intravenous and Moon was because we mainly shot using available light in the majority of the scenes, though with the nights shots we obviously couldn't get away with available light with the GH2. In regards to Spizz, we used it for slow motion scenes in the film since its the only hack thats been reliable for me.

• @Gardner, (and PV guys) Please Mr what patch you recomender to simulate more Dinamic Range on gh2? Thank you very much. Regards.

• You can't "simulate" more DR with any patch, but the best patches (like T8) will give you a nicer grain structure. So you can dig more into the shadows and make better use of what the sensor can actually see.

• @paulo you can try adjust the gamma setting to recover some details, as Drew from Drewnetwork suggest here:

But it will work best with high-end patches like T8 or Spizz T7 as Nomad said