Personal View site logo
Video/audio professionals are a***oles?
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • @caveport @discomandavis Panasonic AVCHD support was on Resolve 11 feature list before it's release. But it didn't happen, maybe for the same reason as there is problems with Sony A7s audio. People got pissed off because BM didn't keep their word and don't even give comments about it. And then these pros come and calls our precious tools as "toy cameras". How can you have peaceful conversation after that :)

• @tonalt Well I agree that it is a precious camera to YOU. For a pro editor & colourist like me, it's a toy. Why? Because it makes my life f**ing miserable sorting out all the workflow and compatibility issues. I now don't get to see my kids as much because I need an extra couple of hours to fix or transcode the media. Guess what? The deadline for delivery is still the same, so I don't go home, I stay and make it work. From MY perspective it's the camera manufacturers who are the assholes. Resolve has been around a LOT longer than most cameras, so do the camera manufacturers look at the way the market is going and make their products compatible? No, they try to lock you in to their own eco-system of products. When I get footage from expensive 'pro' cameras I get to be creative and add value to the production. When I get footage from DSLR's and 'non-pro' cameras I get to put my problem solving hat on and try to meet the deadline. My pay is the same and the results are generally worse. I REALLY dislike AVCHD and H264 as formats for acquisition. Hey, but I use Panasonic GH2 and GH4 cameras! I have found ways to deal with the format. I hate transcoding, rewrapping etc. but there is no choice.

Blackmagic have given us a super high quality software for free. It's a bit much to demand that they then listen to the users of the free version rather than the user base of paid 'pro' customers who wish long-GOP camera formats would die off like tape did.

You say: "And then these pros come and calls our precious tools as "toy cameras". How can you have peaceful conversation after that :)"

ONE guy made that comment. Then you start a post titled "Video/audio professionals are a***oles?" in an unrelated forum. How can you have peaceful conversation after that :)

Go and flame THAT guy in the forum he posted in!

PS Did you ask Blackmagic why they did not add AVCHD support in Resolve 11 Lite? If their reply is unsatisfactory you should ask for a full refund.

I have no issue with you, as you have maintained your dignity through this thread, but I still find the topic title offensive.

• I have no issue with you, as you have maintained your dignity through this thread, but I still find the topic title offensive

If you search good enough you will always find proper brick falling on your head :-) I mean that nothing is offensive until you make it such in your head. For now it is mostly you who keep this topic active :-)

• @caveport There was at least 3 "pros" (I use quotes because IMO their attitude is not pro) in the same thread with similar views. Not exact same words but I think you get the point.

I'm not interested in your pro workflow, I cannot afford it. AVCHD was on Resolve Lite 11 feature list and there was at least 3-4 topics about that on their forums. Maybe more, I haven't been following it that much anymore.

But the point here is not what workflow is the best. It's about the attitude, there are too many "pros" who simply cannot behave. Maybe because they are afraid that these hobbyists with toy cameras takes their jobs or something. I don't know.

jobs.gif
    500 x 287 - 357K
  • It's about the attitude, there are too many "pros" who simply cannot behave. Maybe because they are afraid that these hobbyists with toy cameras takes their jobs or something. I don't know.

I think we already got your position.

But as I said, someone with attitude that you do not like, even if it is pro, is not tragedy. Just matter of perception and his behavior habits.

• One's perception is one's reality. If one chooses to be upset by words, then one WILL be upset. Just like I chose to be upset by this topic title. Quote: "I'm not interested in your professional workflow." My response? I gave up amateur workflows years ago. Why? Because I have to work with others and be the most efficient I can be, so that everyone gets paid. It takes a certain kind of toughness to survive in the 'pro' media business and the BM forum posts referred to reflect the personality types of those people. Don't be too hard on us poor professionals, we are just trying to keep everyone else out of the 'pro' industry! ;-)

• And then.... you get something like Roger Deakins forum