Personal View site logo
10mm T2.1 SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE

SLR Magic expands the micro four thirds lens lineup with the new SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 10mm T2.1 wide angle lens. With this latest addition, the portfolio of lenses for the micro four thirds system is now comprised of thirteen focal lengths. The product will be officially introduced during upcoming Photokina 2014 fair in Cologne.

The field of view of this new HyperPrime Lens corresponds to a 20mm lens in 35mm format and this fast wide angle of view opens up many new creative composition opportunities, particularly in the fields of interior, architectural and landscape cinematography and photography. Additionally, a fast max aperture of T2.1 makes the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 10mm T2.1 ideal for available-light photography.

We place our highest priority in the development on our lenses to fulfill the demands of professional cinematographers and photographers. The design and build of the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 10mm T2.1 is solid and reliable.

The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 10mm T2.1 (MSRP: $799 US) will be available from authorized SLR Magic dealers starting end of October 2014.

The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 10mm T2.1 will be first presented at Photokina 2014 fair. The SLR Magic stand would be in (No. L-011, Hall 5.1) during the fairs which are to be held in Cologne from 16th to 21st of September 2014. For all those who want to visit Photokina 2014 fairs.

• 22 Replies sorted by
  • SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 on GH4 4K and 96fps 1080p mode

I've just received on Wednesday the upcoming SLR Magic 10mm T2.1(eq. f1.8), and their upcoming variable ND filter ! (released in october 2014)   My very first impressions : solid, heavy (420g), compact, sharp at full aperture T2.1, only 2cm minimum focus distance. The ND filter : good first impressions, and two great options on it : lever and hard stop ! Perfect for video !

• SLR MAGIC 10mm T2.1 (f1.8 eq.), most of the clips @ T2.1
    • SLR Magic ND variable filter

• GH4 4K cinema mode + 96fps 1080p mode

• Vcine mode with Andrew Reid presets
    • No color correction

Music : Trentemøller « Come Undone (Trentemøller Remix) »

• I’ve been asked to do a movie with longer clips, no digital zoom effect, movement, no indian ;) … Here it is ;)

My impressions ont the lens : solid, heavy (420g), compact, sharp at full aperture T2.1, only 8.5cm minimum focus distance.
The ND filter : good first impressions, and two great options on it : lever and hard stop ! Perfect for video !

A sunday afternoon in the parc Majolan (SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 on GH4 4K) SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 on GH4 4K and 96fps 1080p mode

This is my second movie with the upcoming SLR Magic 10mm T2.1(eq. f1.8), and their upcoming variable ND filter ! (released in october 2014)

SLR MAGIC 10mm T2.1 (f1.8 eq.), shot between T2.1 and T5.6
SLR Magic ND variable filter GH4 4K cinema mode + 96fps 1080p mode
EOSHD cineV settings +0, -5, -5, -2, +2 (eoshd.com) but pedestal on 0 No color correction Music : Robert Wyatt « Sea Song »

• Here's some more footage from the 10mm. A fantastic lens BTW. Details on the Vimeo page.

• 10mm footage on GH4 4K 30p:

• On the GH2:

• More 10mm footage from a recent trip. All shot with the one lens apart from the underwater footage (SJ4000) and the photo credits (friend's Canon point and shoot).

• Here's the final episode from our trip, GH4 with the SLR Magic 10mm, all hand held.

Happy holiday to all.

• This is currently my favourite wide angle prime for Micro Four Thirds bar none. Overall performance and “the look” is superb and cinematic.

http://www.eoshd.com/2015/01/slr-magic-10mm-t2-1-review/

• Wide vs Wide – Voigtlander vs SLR Magic