Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Flowwwie As yskunto says, if your GH2 been hacked/patched with the following: "Patches for end testers" "Movie related restrictions" PAL<->NTSC Menu (needs to be ticked)

If this has been done. On your GH2, go to the Setup menu in 'screen 3' Video Out - change this (PAL to NTSC) Turn off your GH2 and back on - that's it done

You'll still get 24p/Cinema, HBR will be 30p (or 29.97p to be more exact) 1080i will also be 29.97 interlaced and 720p will be 59.94p.

Bear in mind that although you can mix 24p and PAL on the same SD (and 24p and NTSC) you cannot have NTSC and PAL - you'll need to re-format or a new/blank SD card.

Do the reverse if/when you want to go back to PAL (25p/50i).

• Are you sure you already select PAL/NTSC video system option? It is in the GH2 setting menu.

• Can anyone give me some help please ? When I select 720p , all my clips are recorded in 50fps and I want 60fps ? Ive tried both PAL & NTSC , please help thanks

• Just got my GH2 yesterday , here's my first footage

• Moon t7 is really lovely. Vivitar 28mm 1:2.5 + Variable ND Smooth profile

• Moon T7, color graded just in few shots, 90% is straight from camera. Panasonic 14mm f2.5 and Takumar 55mm 1.8.

Gamvik Kommune Kulturskole Musikkvideo (by Matija Tatomirovic) from Matija Tatomirovic on Vimeo.

• Moon T7..

• Here's my experimental short horror film, shot using Moon T7 and a variety of lenses.

• Spizz T5. 24H. ISO @ 640. Improv, grade & external sound sync test 1 & 2. Tried the Moon series & other versions of Spizz. Keep coming back to T5:

• I prefer the look of real 24 fps to 23.976. However, it's a VERY subjective preference. I've always known which footage was which, and wouldn't bet a nickel on my ability to pick them out in a blind test. It just seems that the 24 fps stuff is missing some high frequency shimmer that we don't ever see with real film shot at exactly 24, but is frequently found with video shot at the faux 23.976.

Having said that, I have recently switched back to 23.976 only because even the latest version of the Adobe suite has problems with the true 24 fps footage that I just got tired of dealing with.

• @Jim_Simon Moon T7 has 24p patch and a 23.97fps patch. Do you know if there is a difference in image quality and performance? Witch one you prefer?

• @T1000

After some testing as well as real world projects, I prefer Moon T7 to T8.

• I would figure that if a camera isn't rated for UHS3 cards, it wouldn't be able to utilize their full potential. I can't think of any other reason a UHS3 transcend card could capture 200Mb/s Intra footage on a UHS3 rated GH4, but chokes up on 80 Mb/s Drewnet T9 footage.

• @jdude Thanks man and I used spizz T7.

• @Jim_Simon , much appreciated :)

• @Jim_Simon How do you think Moon T7 compares to Moon T8?

• @Flowwwie

My preference is for Moon Trial 7 for everything. It's to date the best looking footage I've seen from my camera, period.

• Going to try this right now

• Hi. Ive read a lot on all the various options, but each one seems to say "THIS is the best option for 720p" , or such. Could someone please clear up in my head out of Moon,Spizz,Nebula and Drewnet. Bitrate regardless which one offer the best 1080p quality, and which one offers the best 720p quality? Thanks a lot, Fraser

• Hi. I just started testing Nebula T6 on my GH2. I'm new to hacking and I have a question. I have been doing some test shoots with the death screen video as well as some static shots of running water. In both 24p and 30p modes, some of the resulting clips have extremely low bitrate, in the sub 200kbps range. Not sure if this is normal like some sort of VBR kicking in. Any input is appreciated! Want to thank Driftwood for all of his work.

• @Gardner Looks great. Like the way you grade you weeding videos they look very nice. Witch Spizz patch do you use for this one?

• Check out my latest wedding filmed with all Spizz!

• moon T7 . :)

• @rzzl Slav looks good. Liked the subtle tension and ending.

• Drewnet T9

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters