Personal View site logo
G6 Basic Movie Mode & Legacy Lens Questions
  • Movie Mode Question: So I'm setting my REC FORMAT and REC QUALITY on the touchscreen MOTION PICTURE screens. All set, now ... I want to set the ISO and shutter speed. Can I do this and shoot a video in Shutter priority (S)? Or do I have to shoot in Manual or Movie? Can I set the settings as if they were a stills setting and then push the red button and these stills settings will control video also? I'd like to avoid Movie mode so that I can allow the aperature to grab the correct light. I'd also like to avoid Movie mode because I need to snap stills while shooting videos (I know the video interruption danger). What I need to do is to keep the big stills button active so that I can shoot stills while shooting (ending) a video record. And a crazy thought -- can I set video and stills at different settings? ANOTHER way of asking -- When I set up settings for still photos do those same settings become part of the video recording set up?

Legacy Lens Questions: I have three Oly M3/4 auto-focus zooms that I want to use with my G6. I have a Lumix Pany-to-Oly adapter. Do I lose the ability to auto focus (it seems like I do)? If they should zoom and focus correctly what settings on the camera will make this work? THANKS!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Meant Oly-to-Pany adapter. To make my Olympus E-520 lenses fit my Lumix G6. Lenses: 14-42, 40-150, 70-300

Just search proper category, 43 to m43 cheap adapters exist. AF will work, slow, but it will work.

• Meant Oly-to-Pany adapter. To make my Olympus E-520 lenses fit my Lumix G6. Lenses: 14-42, 40-150, 70-300