Personal View site logo
Official GH1 "Lenin" Hack Project Discussion
  • 227 Replies sorted by
  • same problem, I tried to save the the new firmware as 1.35 and not update begin .
    Sorry for my bad English.
    y gracias por todo.
  • I tried every variation I could think of, including like Paracarlos changing the numbers on the firmware file. I tried turning version increment patches on/off, tried turning version compare on/off, tried different file names, and even different numbers for the version increment. I feel like unless I'm having a mindblank there's not much else to do on our end.
  • Have you restarted the camera before hitting play button? My hackable GH1 goes well with the new Ptool.
  • I don't think hackable GH1's are the problem. The problem is GH1's that are unhackable. For instance, mine was hackable, then strap rivets broke and fell inside and fried something. I had to send it in to get it repaired, it came back with the 1.34 firmware and I haven't been able to hack it since. Supposedly the new ptool fixes this.
  • 14-140 lens I have updated to 1.4 version ... can this cause?
  • Please use special topic for patches talks
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/148/ptool-3.55d-topic
    I'll delete all new patches specific questions here.
  • @tommygdawg

You need to check all three patches
    and use proper Version Increment, I suggest 10.
  • perfect. works beautifully.
    thank you very very much.

Muchas gracias
  • and thanks alot vitaliy for your hard work
  • If you want to buy GH1 I strongly advise to use Adorama or Amazon page with Adorama offer -http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GH1K-mirrorless-supported/dp/B004J2I05C/
    They have about 14 in stock.
    All of them are manufactured in 2011, with best sensor noise among all GH1s.
  • works a treat!!! Thank you very much Vitaliy!!!
  • "All of them are manufactured in 2011"

How do you know that? Has recently someone ordered one from there?
    Just ordered one and hope it's the 2011 version.
  • Works Like MAGIC, OH MY GOD, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Today the Amazon / Adorama offer with shipping to UK is $489 just to save anyone looking. A tempting deal! But I have a GH2 so not sure I can justify spending more...
  • Thank you Virality Kiselev. You are officially GOD in my book, and that coming from an atheist is big.

Will donate som more money for the GH2 as well.
  • Vitaliy Kiselev... Thanks very much... My new 2011 model has been hacked... So great, but i just raise up the bitrate cus I like to film in 60p instead of 24p.
  • Hi.
    Will this new downgrade technique / hack work on Japanese GH1 models?
    Someone may have been answered this but I didn't find see it.
    Thanks so much for your hard work Vitaliy.
  • Hi All,
    noob here :-)
    Is there a step-by-step instructional guide/manual for the previously unhackable GH1s. My serial# is WE0LA (oct 2010 I think) and I believe I'd have to apply the latest GH1 hack for it by Vitaliy the great!

Thanks to Vitaliy and the community for keeping this going.
  • If this hasnt been mentioned before, do not move the LCD screen during the firmware upgrade. Warnings I've read only refer to not pressing any buttons. It's also a good idea to disable LV/LCD Auto switching.
    I received an unhackable GH1 by way of Panasonic repair (board replacement) after a hackable body got bricked.
    Many thanks to Vitaly for hacking the unhackable. The hack works like a charm.
  • Update on Amazon price - link above - now $449 ($539 including shipping to the UK). The prices on Amazon change so quickly!
  • Another "unhackable" GF1 successfully hacked!
  • I just ordered a GH1 from B&H. How can I figure out if it's a camera with the latest, lowest sensor noise (like the Adorama cameras mentioned above)?
  • My "unhackable" GF1 now speaks to me in sweet, sweet English! Thank you Vitaliy!
  • Is the GH1 body direct from Panasonic ends up being about $326 after tax offer still going or is it done? I can't find it anywhere and I already have lenses but another body couldn't hurt.
  • Hi Vitaliy, Thanks for you efforts,

You Said: "All of them are manufactured in 2011, with best sensor noise among all GH1s."

Do you think they change anything (Sensor, Components) in the lastest GH1s to make them better?
    apart of the new firmware that improve some issues?

probably some cameras have better noise performance but I think this is due to random unit variations during the production and nothing to do if they where manufactured in 2011.

I would like to hear your thoughts, Many thanks