Personal View site logo
Photokina 2014 topic, support our team

We have our small team at Photokina:

• Dieter Knüttel
    • Igor Drozdovsky
    • Nick Driftwood

Remember to donate to guys as we did two years ago (just use Buy Now button on top) !

Check http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/photokina/2014 for more organized view (updated with delay)

• 95 Replies sorted by
  • Donated. Done. Those guys do a great job covering Photokina. I wish they had one of these events in the U.S. I would definitely go to it.

• Just donated. Thank you Vitaliy

• The show started in May 1950 as a showcase for German cameras plus an international photography exhibition: the latter a bit like today's Rencontres at Arles in the south of France. In 1951, this time in April, it went international: only 70 foreign firms, as compared with 270 from Germany, but a harbinger of things to come. There was also an international color film convention: conferences became another aspect of the fair alongside the trade show and public day out for enthusiast photographers. Seminars came later: they varied (and continue to vary) between invaluable insider tips from top professionals; ego trips from has-beens; and naked commercial promotion of products of widely differing usefulness.

April 1952 saw the third and final annual photokina: it went biennial. At least for a while. Spring for '54, then autumn for '56, '58 and '60. Then bigger gaps: March '63 and October '66. The latter saw the first International Convention for Photography and Cinematography in Industry and Technology, which is probably a maximum of three words in German. Only after '66 did it settle down to autumn in even-numbered years, the pattern we know today. But different products come and go; the emphasis changes. In 1986 they introduced Professional Media, whole halls dedicated to things such Klieg lights, follow spots, even cinema seats. Well before that, there was a lot of sound equipment too: tape recorders, for example, which first appeared at Photokina 1958, replacing the old wire recorders.

Check Photokina history at http://www.popphoto.com/news/2014/09/brief-history-photokina-worlds-biggest-camera-tradeshow?page=0,1

• Bump. Just because these guys deserve it. Everyone always complains when questions don’t get answered. Now is your chance to ask them and donate to help these guys out.

• Ill be at Photokina for Monday and Tuesday.

• @driftwood Nice.. keep us updated sir cheers

• Bump. Just because these guys deserve it.

Yep, they are not sponsors influenced. Most people are so used to free lunch paid by advertisers that they do not understand difference.

Free lunches do not exist in this world. If you think otherwise - be sure that someone already is servicing your account (c) GC.

• I'll be at Photokina the whole next week.

• Donated as well. Looking forward to the reports!

• Today we must have report from Panasonic Press Conference.

As well as later interview with Panasonic management considering new stuff and other interesting topics.

• We are going soon for the interview with the Panasonic representatives, but I'm posting a few photos to my twitter http://twitter.com/igor29768

• Sony lenses

sigma43.jpg
    800 x 556 - 82K
    sigma44.jpg
    800 x 498 - 54K
    sigma45.jpg
    800 x 491 - 73K
  • Some update.

Yesterday our team made interview with some Panasonic managers, will be posted as ready.

Today full team work all day on exhibition. You can post some requests, if they find it interesting and useful they can make it.

• Does the new firmware include a minimum shutter speed for auto ISO in program priority mode? The press release said there was more control of ISO with the new firmware but not what that means.

• We got some good interviews at Panasonic, Blackmagic and some other companies I will upoad some stuff tomorrow. It was great together with Nick and Igor.

• Pentax lineup

sigma62.jpg
    800 x 545 - 72K
  • Hi,

this is Dieter and here is the first video from the Photokina from the Personal view team. I shot an interview with Matt Fraser about a GH4. And WHAT a GH4. Have a look for yourself:

• Here is the next video from Skier Pro Systems, who make camera cages, cranes and stabilizing systems.

• The last video for today from me: A long interview where Nick Driftwood interviews Stuart Ashton from Blackmagicdesign:

Enjoy:

• These are great...thanks guys.

• Great team! Dieter, Nick and Igor

personal;-view-team-photokina.jpg
    640 x 360 - 51K
  • Great job guys!!!
    Thank you =)

• Another strange thing