Personal View site logo
12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic lens topic
  • 492 Replies sorted by
  • Does your lens have the latest firmware?

• @nomad

I don't know. I have just BM Pocket. There is no info about lens firmware.

• @odessa

Yes exactly like mine - exchange it - that's a bad copy you have.

• @last_SHIFT

Thank you, so it's looks like not a camera problem, you just exchange lens, and no problem after?

• @MikeA

Here is a example of the jitter effect on my 12-35.

OIS on the Lumix f2.8 zooms is good, but really nothing compares to the OIS on the Leicasonic 14-50mm. No lens distortion fakery either, still the best image quality whenever f3.5 is fast enough:

• Quick test of Nikon NH-WM75 on 12-35mm and GH4, it makes 12-35mm to 9-26mm F2.8 lens. Say goodbye to 9-18mm F4.0-F5.6 lol

• I'm planning to buy this lens by the end of the year, but it is out of stock / backordered in a lot of places. It was always the case, or maybe a new version could be on the way?

• I'm planning to buy this lens by the end of the year, but it is out of stock / backordered in a lot of places. It was always the case, or maybe a new version could be on the way?

Same thing happened with 20mm lens, it sometimes was out of stock. Panasonic is quite bad in making any estimation in their business.

You can always get it on PV deals.

• Is the correction at 12mm that good that it behaves comparable to a 28mm on a full frame or a 18mm on aps-c? And does 20mm on the 12-35 with 2.5 cropfactor behave the same as a 50mm normal lens in terms of optical distortion?

[edit] Oh found an answer to my question: http://www.photozone.de/m43/766_pana1235f28?start=1

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev unfortunately I can't get it on PV deals - 60% import tax here. =/ Will buy in the next USA vacation trip.

• I shot most of this with the 12-35.

• @RKM I haven't done any scientific tests, and I don't tend to shoot a lot of extremely distortion-critical stuff (like architecture, etc) but I've never noticed any distortion on my 12-35.

Edit: Wow, a lot going on when uncorrected though!

• @Oedipax

Yes the amount of correction at 12mm should affect resolution on some parts of the image. But if you are still pleased with the results it doesn't matter,

• @Hallvalla

Please all related to buying to Marketplace or Offtopic.

• This lens was released on May 2012 and for GH3? About time Panasonic realize a new lens for GH4 -;) cheaper and better i hope.

• G'day folks....

Hows things?

Just picked up this 12-35 lens (which I love this far) & I am wondering of I need to update the firmware? I hope/ suspect that, as I have bought it september 2014 that this issue has been fixed?

Any light you can shed on the issue would be ace!

Cheers

Ro :-)

• Hi guys, I currently have a PL 25 f1.4 and the Oly 45 1.8, was considering selling the Oly in order to get the 12-35, do you think it's a good combo? for music videos, interviews, filming at parties and doing corporate/artsy videos? Or I better keep the 45 and add something wider, like a 12mm?

• So I got this lens a couple of days ago and it looks fantastic. Real crisp and great zoom range (for my needs). One thing I've noticed though is that when zooming in the lens makes a clicking sound and automatically adjusts the exposure. Looking at the front of the lens I can see the aperture closing.

My camera (hacked GH2) is in manual mode and the display isn't showing any aperture changes, but it's definitely doing so.

I've tried different meter settings and different shooting modes and it seems to always do the same thing (clicking sound, aperture adjusting, and exposure changing).

I've looked through the manual and this "feature" isn't document. It only mentions something in the troubleshooting referring to the sound saying: "This is the sound of lens or aperture movement and is not a malfunction".

I did think about trying to get some kind of adaptor to cut power to the lens as it doesn't appear to do that when the camera is off.

• @Rodrigo I want to say this is because of the focus by wire bullshit that is being used in these lenses now. I have the 14-45 and it does the same thing, if I recall. Like, I can set it in all manual mode, set it for f5.6, and zoom in/out and it has these exposure jumps every 10mm or so. Must be electrically (and poorly) compensating the aperture to maintain the constant aperture through the zoom range. I guess it is mechanically done on non focus by wire lenses which is why its so smooth.

• @joethepro Ah right. So there is no way around this with this lens then?

• @Rodrigo Unless Im mistaken (which wouldnt be surprising), no.