Personal View site logo
Patches work fine until I use native (electronic) lenses
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Is it known how the camera body corrects the image from a native lens compared to the image coming in from a manual/vintage lens? The lens giving me an issue is the Lumix 20mm 1.7 (no image stabilization in lens) when shooting high detailed/moving subjects or when panning.

Also, as for sd card selection, is bit rate tied to capacity as well?

Thanks for your response

• Yes, of course. Almost all native m43 lenses have in camera image correction applied.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev so you're saying the gh2 body corrects the image from an electronic lens? In what way? I assumed it had something to do with the fact that the body was just "overwhelmed" with the extra information input from the electronic lens (aperture, focus etc)

also, would a 64gb capacity card @ 95mb/s handle a native lens better than my 16gb?

• I see nothing surprising here. As with many native lenses body also need to correct all distortions :-)

So, with manual lenses it'll be always more stable.

• Considering this was moved to "beginners" I assume it has been read by someone that knows the answer...any one got a link to the right thread to help me out since the information has apparently been discussed enough before, for this to be a newb type of topic?