Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @caveport thanks for your reply. Yes I checked the HQ3GOP. But when I compaired it to Fmotion and T7 (both at HBR 25p) the footage felt softer. To my eys Fmotion has finer noise though with slightly higher contrast. The first time I tried the T7 it didn't span either. Now it does (both at 24p & 25p) but to be on the safe side I think I will just shoot with Fmotion (at least for now). Have you tried Fmotion?

• Can these Driftwood Cluster X series hacks be used on the GF2?

• @babak I tried FlowMotion and did lots of tests. It failed on spanning and occasionally locked up the camera. It also was not quite as good as the Moon patches so I decided to use Moon for Intra, and GOLGOP3 for spanning and my own stock bitrate hack for long recordings as it drains the battery less and has a longer recording time.

• Moon T7. Password is "dj".

• @caveport I am still ignorant on some terminology here. Whant do you mean you decided to use Moon for Intra? what is Intra actually? and how does GOLGOP3 ("GOLGOP3-13-A" or "GOLGOP3-13-MAX"?) compare to HQ3GOP V12 in your view? Thanks again.

• @driftwood is t8 cancelled?

• @babak intra is GOP1 or all I frames. I have not tried other GOLGOP3 versions.

• T8 probably needs to be a hack for the GH4.... ;)

The GH4 is simply amazing already, and with only 100Mb/s! if Vitaliy and Nick could do some of the magic to the GH4 that they did to the GH2 with Moon T7, it would open up some even more phenomenal image quality.

When I go back and look at some of my GH2 footage with Moon T7, there is a depth or a thickness to the image that is really pleasing. Every once in a great while, the incredibly detailed C4K image from the GH4 just looks a little thin on data, and that's when I think, "Wow, imagine if those guys could do their magic to this beast..."

I personally can't imagine the GH2 doing any better than Moon T7, but I sure can see the GH4 getting a shot in the arm. :)

• a comparison between the old gh2 and the new gh4 And if you don't believe, the quality of the GH2 with the T7 moon setting is very similar to the GH4 (1080p, ALL-I, 24Hz)

• Very similar to the GH4 in 1080 mode, yes. 4K is where the real magic happens with the GH4, even if your are going to squeeze it down to a 1080p or 720p sequence/timeline.

Strange choices made with the camera settings in that video though..... ? :/

• @the_cubaner Cute Owl! Thanks for the test!

• The newest "breakthrough" test with FilmVision Pro - latest v7!!!

What's new: the "thin" picture of GH2 highly avoided; the videoish GH2 characteristics lowered; plus many other step procedures from A to Z.

No Magic Bullet Looks, no FilmConvert or any other artificial plugins used!

• @producer please share with us how to get filmvision pro, looks great!

• Hello all, My first post here. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to provide a little help, but first let me say a sincere "thank you" to all who contribute here. Even though this is a first post, I have read some (as much as I can comprehend) of all this and it is quite phenomenal what you all are doing. Congrats, and thank you for such work.

I just bought a used GH2 with the 14-140mm lens. It's in awesome shape and I am looking to do some shorts on it. But first I am going to a National Park to film some mountain landscapes, lakes, rivers, sunsets/rises (so dark to light and opposite), forests etc. I will be shoot for long periods (-ish) at a time and am trying to decide on the right hack.

I have two PNY SDXC 90mpbs 64GB cards coming in the mail before I leave. So that should be set.

What would be the best hack for this? I am concerned that the ones producing 130+ results will be too much, being that this is my first DSLR and first GH2 and First hack (what have I done? lol). I don't want to run into trouble when I hike five hours up a peak at 5AM to have it produce some kind of error. So maybe something more around 80.

But neither do I want to get done with this "once in a lifetime" shooting opportunity and find there was a much better hack. I want "Wow" quality, movie quality stuff. You know what I mean? I am really tech savy and will do all my testing first, but I am wondering if anyone could suggest (and provide the appropriate link:) for the hack that is most reliable and still produces phenomenal results.

Thanks so very much!

JSP

• @soldadoperegrino I would use MoonT7 it runs really good and the quality is incredible! Just make sure if you record a real long clip 5+minutes record a very short one afterwards b4 the camera turns off or it might not want to record anymore.

• @soldadoperegrino. Any one of the hacks are much more stable in 24p and 24L modes. You should be the safest with 24L at around 80mbs. Moon variations are pretty good.

• I agree completely with @Zaven13. 24H is pretty reliable and looks fantastic, but in my experience 24L looks almost as good (you might not know the difference if you didn't check the bit rate for the clip), and for me 24L has been perfectly reliable.

• @producer Yep i would also like to see this plugin. When will this be availabe? I've seen you've been doing this for a while, are you ever going to make your color plugin available or is this your way of a sick game, showing us what we can't have? :p

• and the second comparison between the GH2 and GH4

The GH2 with the T7M-setting by driftwood is still the queen of FHD filming, and only in the 4K mode, the GH4 beats the GH2 in the quality!

I hope, someday, there is a hack to increase the quality of the GH4 to a new level like the GH2 ...

• Thanks guys, that helps a lot. I was thinking the same thing. I was going to follow the instructions on this video to install the MoonT7 Hack. Is this correct?

and http://osgfilms.com/hack-the-panasonic-gh2/

Thank you so much, Really appreciate the confirmation before I go ahead and do this. I really don't want to turn my camera into a brick.

JSP

• Here is another MoonT7 project, shooted with the pany 14-140 and a lovely Zuiko 50 f/1.4. I know it had already been discussed but I've noticed that noise reduction setting is critical when working in very low light condition, it means if NR is set to -2 then T7 stress a lot compare to NR set to 0, for this second setting result are far better compared to the first one. But what the lens speed make the difference, every shot was at 640 iso with the 50mm compared to 1600 iso with the 14-140mm

• @Celullo, are you saying the low quality images in the early part of that video were done with NR -2, and the better quality stuff was NR=0? OR is it that the better images were with the 50mm set on 640 iso?

I have always had trouble with anything over 800 iso on my GH2, and sometimes even 800 iso stuff needed a little cleaning up with Neat Video.

• @Tjabo, for my usage 640iso is perfect when there is enough light for shooting. I've tried to say that when I've been working with high iso I did get better result with NR set to 0 not -2, I think it's because T7 is working very hard to resolve the compression with high amount of noise. A bit of NR (mean NR set to 0) make softer image but much more "usable" in a color grading process.

• @Celullo, thank you, that is some useful information! :)

• After using FMv2.2 for some time, I decided to give Moon T7 a try. When I opened the first file in my macbook, I was totally amazed with the IQ, the low noise and the details. Here is a sample of an unedited video of the GH2 (Moon T7)/ -2 -2 -2 0 (Smooth). Unfortunately, Youtube does compress a lot the video.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters