Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • Is there a tripod mount version for Nikon F/G - m43 0.71x in the developments plans? Im wander how do you guys use it with Sigma 18-35 for example?

• @konjow

Tripod mount version is available, it is for Nikon F mount and also Canon EOS. Lens need to have aperture ring.

It is not flimsy shitty mount, it'' be with full ring as on good big lenses.

Also below is Pentax PKA

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Id like to use it with Sigma 18-35 and I was wander if there will be one with tripod mount and aperture control in plans? For now probably safer is to use regular one with tripod mount.

• Id like to use it with Sigma 18-35 and I was wander if there will be one with tripod mount and aperture control in plans?

I hope. Issue is that ring requires space. I think some new approach to design is required.

• Does it seem likely they'll ever make a Lens Turbo for the Nikon 1 system?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Pentax PKA as in manual iris control?

• Pentax PKA as in manual iris control?

Yep.

• New adapters look with tripod collar:

• Perfectly on time! when available?

• So can these be fitted to the existing RJ adapters? I sure hope so but looking at the curvy sides of my EF RJ adapter I doubt it will.

• So can these be fitted to the existing RJ adapters?

No, of course. Adapter is different and designed for collar.

• Is the bottom plate on the tripod collar "arca" ?

• Does the FD to MFT come with tripod collar as well? Can that tripod collar be purchased separately?

• Does the FD to MFT come with tripod collar as well?

Nope. It needs space for ring.

Can that tripod collar be purchased separately?

It has no point, as it is custom.

• Hi. I recently did a shooting for a dance show. My set up was like this:

3 cameras (1 Lumix G6 & 2 GH2).

All three had the RJ Nikon F/G to m43 adapter (bought here).

Lenses used (used & bought on ebay due to low budget): 2x Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 & 1 Sigma 50-150mm f2.8. All three for Nikon mount. The two 28-70mm lenses have apperture adjustment ring.

All three cams presented a problem focussing while zooming. Normally, with a camera and it's proper brand manual zoom lens (without adapter), you zoom in on a far point to adjust focus in order to get a sharp image when you zoom back. But unfortunately, I don't know why, when I use the setup described earlyer, everytime I use the zoom ring (in & out) the image gets out of focus. I checked with a camera store, the lenses, on Nikon cameras, are ok. The same goes with the Lumix bodies with Lumix lenses (tested with at 14-42 kit lens). So, what's left is only the RJ adapter.

So, what might cause this & how can I work this problem out ?

Here's a video exemple of the issue:

Thanks to answer

• All three cams presented a problem focussing while zooming. Normally, with a camera and it's proper brand manual zoom lens (without adapter), you zoom in on a far point to adjust focus in order to get a sharp image when you zoom back.

It is not true. It works such only with parfocal zoom lenses. Most zoom lenses are not such. Check all your lenses if they are indeed parfocal zooms.

As for adapters - they add some tolerances to lens mount distance (no such thing as perfect adapter exist), so infinite position changes slightly. And as it is optical adapter it can ruin parfocal property of lens, yes. It is ok.

The same goes with the Lumix bodies with Lumix lenses (tested with at 14-42 kit lens).

What you mean?

• "What you mean?"

That they don't lose focus when zoomed out.

About the parfocal thing, could you be a bit more explicit ? I'm a bit new to this so more information will be welcome.

Also, I have no way to check if the lens I have are parfocal or not since they were bought used. Aside of their physical condition, I really can't say, but I can find ebay adds of the same lenses on ebay. Maybe you'll be in a better position to tell.

• About the parfocal thing, could you be a bit more explicit ? I'm a bit new to this so more information will be welcome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parfocal_lens

I have no way to check if the lens I have are parfocal or not since they were bought used

Use google and manufacturer specs.

• It is like that. When you add another lens in the optical path the focus behavior changes, so there is no way to keep the same focus when you change the zoom position. There is no problem with the focal reducer, it is just like that. Same thing happens with the VAF filters for Canon dslr. you need to refocus when you change the zoom.

• UPDATE: after some researches, I don't think they are parfocal (bummer).

Any way to do a "fake" parfocal zoom effect with a varifocal lens ?

• Last time I saw one of those zooms was Bush Cassidy & the Sundance Kid (1969 0r 70?)

Try fading the colours, add a few "projector" artefacts, and nobody'll notice the out-of-focus zoom.

;-)

• Anyone tried the RJ FD-Emount version for Sony?

• UPDATE: after further researches, I've found out what was the real problem for my case. Earlyer I said that the Nikon lenses were acting like parfocal lenses when attached to a Nikon body. Somebody else, on another forum, had the same problem with the Metabone adapters. It turned out that Metabone new about this and posted a solution about this: http://www.metabones.com/article/of/infinity-adjustment-speed-booster-only

After seeing that, I asked the conceptor of the RJs if this problem might happen with their product and if an adjusment was possible and he confirmed that it was possible to adjust the adaptor the same way as Metabone's.

Hi hope that this information is usefull for new m43 users.