Personal View site logo
Ask developers of the Panasonic Lumix GH4, plus, answers about the m43 format
  • 130 Replies sorted by
  • @RRRoger, if I remember correctly, the Panasonic representative; Mathew Frazer-senior field trainer and product developer for USA said that there will be no form of 120fps firmware update because of "hardware limitations". I don't know where exactly in this video he said so, but some where it's there.

• My understanding is that a firmware update is imminent for the GH4. How about adding 1080 at 120fps or at least 720 P120?

This would be great for shooting action video. I am getting a lot of artifacts when I raise the shutter speed to 1/640s. I would prefer to shoot 1080 P120 at 1/240s

• I have been waiting on this topic to get a response for over a month now since my GH2 took a crap and requires $400 to repair from just a minor impact, since then I have been researching the Sony camera's for the first time and I am glad that I didn't jump on Panny again.

The lack of response to this post from the developers speaks volumes.

(And unless you are involved in M43 development, don't bother posting apologies or lame excuses, don't blame or explain unless you also speak Japanese)

• When will we get 10bit 4:2:2 25p from the HDMI on the camera?

What is the source of the audio problem and fix for the audio problem?

• bit late but one good thing would be when in manual mode the camera should trigger the lens to reset the focus ring so its half way when manual fine tuning focus as sometimes the focus is right over at one end so you have to zoom the lens in/out then refocus, as a digiscoper this would be very useful theres a hell of allot of lumix m4/3's cameras being used on Swarovski scopes with a 20mm lens

• @RRRoger

Have no idea about Panasonic. Nick is busy with work and his personal projects.

• Too busy doing what? Cost cutting? Layoffs? moving old stock? developing a firmware upgrade for the GH4? Developing a 7-14 f/2.8 lens?

• @neveraholiday

Not a joke, just Nick and Panasonic guys are too busy now.

• @driftwood: Your first post dates to the 1st of April. Guess it is about time to reveal the joke.

• Waiting on Japan. Ive asked UK to hurry this up.

• Any news? I would like to know their answers.

• Not yet Karl. As soon as I get them back they'll be up here.

• Are answers available, yet? Just checking if might have missed the relevant thread...

• Thanks for collecting all of our questions and getting them to the right person!

• Answers will be appearing in a new thread within the next week or so. They are coming back from Japan.

• THIS Q&A IS NOW CLOSED Closing date was Last friday!

• Related to @tosvus comment above, is it techically possible to/will Panasonic add 422 10-bit HDMI out to the GH3 as an option?

• Can/will Panasonic add 1080i50/60 and 1080p50/60 support to the GH3's ExTele mode?

• I pretty much was hinted that there wasn't any updates on the 7-14 lens. Plus, I don't think there will many more Panny-Leica type lenses in the future. Take this with a grain of salt.

• Will Panasonic add focus peaking to the GH3? If not, why not? If a $300 monitor can do it, then surely the GH3 can.

• Any plans to make a telephoto lens that is longer than 300mm?

• will an option for 720p120 be added?
    • is the 1080p96 really upscaled 720p?
    • what is the maximum write speed of the internal SD controller?
    • (is it hackable to CDNG?) :-P
  • Will the motion in 24 fps be more smooth in the GH4? We sometimes have to settle for irregular shutter speeds (1/40, 1/30) to simulate cinematic movement. This of course, often, adds a little too much blur to the image.

• +1 on an AF100/101 replacement... why not stuff the GH4 and YAGH in a camcorder format body with a nice m4/3 servo zoom?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions