Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • @mpgxsvcd

do you happen to have a Sandisk 30mb/sec HD Video Extreme Card HC I 32GB around? Would love to know if 100mbits work on these. I have so many lying around from the GH2.

Can't wait for B&H to get out of holiday and process the GH4 orders!

Thanks!

• @FilmingArt I got same reminder that might from same person and known what? I had same feeling of their careless of customer.

• I got the GH4 to fail writing to my dog slow class 10 eye-fi card. I was fully expecting that to happen with the 200 MB/sec mode. What was cool was that it didn't fail until about 2 minutes in. My other class 10 cards worked indefinitely.

Only the UHS class 3 cards are guaranteed to work. However, if you willing to risk it like we all did with the hack back in the day, then medium speed class 10 cards can work for limited times.

• Sammys is great. I am sure they will process your order as fast as they can. They got a HUGE shipment in so they aren't exactly twittling their thumbs.

• @tinbeo

I just called Sammy's and was told they are processing things today/ I was reminded they do not work on the weekends and today is when they process all credit card orders. Hopefully everything is good, my impression is it's just a job to them and they could care less how fast/slow they process your order....

Amazon really cares about the customer, but alas they do not have the GH4. Hope Sammy's ships today!

• @ FilmingArt Did You received Email confirm of shipping. I ordered after reading your post -;) but haven't received it.

• That cat look like my cat (Nena).

nena.jpg
    640 x 360 - 113K
  • I didn't want to like it, I really didn't. But damn ... that's a cute cat. :-)

• At last! A GH4 cat video!

• GH4 cat in slow motion. :)

• @Ralph_B. I tested every option that is listed in the camera and they all work including all of the 24p modes.

• Hey Zaven13,

Can you confirm or deny that the GH4 can shoot 3840 x 2160, 23.976p in MP4?

That mode is not listed in the user manual, so I'm wondering.

Thanks.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev. After spending a few hours with my GH4, I wholeheartedly agree with the comments you posted above. The quality, the versatility, number of options and the feel of this camera is unbelievable. I took some stills using the built-in flash from 5-6 meters indoors and it looks very good. BTW, the iA mode which was problematic with GH2 hacks is working flawlessly just in case you need it.

• Earlier, I reported that I tested all GH4 recording modes with Sandisk 64GB 95MBs card without any failures. So I decided to use a lower class card and see what happens. By the way, I used Panasonic 14-140 lens zooming all the way shooting the cul-de-sac I live in full of houses, cars, trees and flowers. in a well-lit sunny day. This time I used Sandisk 32GB 30MBs SDHC class 10 card. I recorded 30-45 seconds clips using all recording modes (AVCHD, MP4 (lcmp) and MOV, and all Rec qualities including (4k and 200-I) and could not get it to fail. If this holds up with tests from other folks who get their GH4, we may not need U3 cards and can use our existing cards. This could be the best Easter present Panasonic could give us besides the GH4 itself. I also tested Ex-Tele with FHD 100MB 60p and it worked fine. Happy Easter everyone.

• To summarize the GH4 in a single sentence, I would say that this is a MFT system camera that is fully competitive in terms of features, functionality and image quality with anything currently on the market. It leaves little undelivered for stills work. If a 16MP image size is adequate for your shooting (and it is for mine), then you'll likely find the GH4 a very practical and enjoyable stills camera.

When it comes to video, the GH4 is in a class of its own. There is nothing currently on the market, or even announced from any manufacturer, that can trump the GH4 when it comes to video in a DSLR / CSC form factor. This is the only camera of its type that can shoot 4K to an internal card, and which also features variable frame rates in HD mode.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/panasonic_gh4_report.shtml

• @Tomaso. I checked the clips with no audio playing in GH4 playback mode inside the camera. Still no audio for the following condition. I think I may have found the first bug. When you set the camera to FHD100MB 24p or 30p either in MP4 (lpcm) or MOV, even though I am in AFC or AFS mode, the camera automatically displays MF mode with peakH and displays a greenish color on the LCD panel. When this happens, there is no audio during playback. The other Rec qualities seem to be OK. I will continue to test further.

• @Zaven13 The MP4(LPCM) and the MOV format might use a sound format not supporten by your PC or player. i have this problem when I try to edit downloaded clips. Page 198 "About the compatibility of The recorded ......" Might be a hint.

Edit: The camera have two MP4 modes MP4 and MP4(LPCM). Only MP4(LPCM) supports all high bitrates.