Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • Yep, spray tanning all the way :-) Prefer the Cine-D look!

• Can't say I care for the Osiris lut. They all look like they've been to the tanning salon

• I should be shooting a short film in Yosemite and a short narrative next week and my GH4 arrives just on time!

• @mpgxsvcd yes, thank you for the heads up! Personally, I hadn't been keeping a close eye on anything because I thought they were releasing it around the 30th. Much appreciated!

• Glad everyone could get a camera so soon. Glad I didn't keep it on the down low now. Should have asked for a commission check though.

Let's see some footage from this bad boy finally!

• Mine shipped today from Samy's. Should arrive as early as Monday. Overnight Air.

• Mine's scheduled to arrive Tues. (2 day delivery).

• I have all of the cheapest Class 10 options that should be able to do 100 mb/sec. I also have one UHS class 3 card. I plan to test them all. Mine shipped today. However, I don't think I will get it until Monday since I am on the East Coast.

• @v10tdi

Where are you located? I thought Fed-ex didn't deliver on Saturdays?

• My GH4 should arrive tomorrow morning. Woot! ;-)

• @Mistas I've purchased one of the UHS1- class 3 cards just in case but I will be testing with my existing SD cards as well. I would love to be able to use my old cards but I'm not holding my breath

• Just ordered from Sammys.com

I would hurry as the sale person made it seem like they don't have much left. Thanks for the heads up people, I pre-ordered through Amazon, but I simply could not past this deal of actually getting one earlier than expected...... Thanks!!!

** Appreciate the Heads up @mpgxsvcd

• Now that cams are on the way...do we have a consensus on SD cards? Is it worth the risk trying a fast class 10 card vs a newer dedicated speed class 3 card made for 4k? Maybe the speed class 3 cards are not necessary if capturing 4k 100Mbps instead of 200Mbps 1080?

• Ditto. I guess I gotta get a cat now....

• Mine has shipped too!

• They take wires! Shipping Monday!

• Just ordered 2 shipping Monday.

• Same here!!

• Mine just shipped!

• @mpgxsvcd No worries, I'll just be glad if PV'ers start to get theirs... can't wait to see some 4K cat/dog footage :)

• @murtlandphoto good news. I forget we're dealing with Panasonic here and not Blackmagic, where every dealer gets 2 units during initial shipping.