Personal View site logo
EOS to m43 electronic adapters

Supposed to control only aperture, as I understand.

Via: http://www.dl-kipon.com/en/articledetail.asp?id=56

Of course, photo is of some prototype, as you can't use such adapter in real life.

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • Now, this is getting exiting. It shure look like mackgiver project, but hey, he made things work so... its ok.

Finally eos for m4/3, ths sky is the limit. With this shit will come more electronic adapters for m4/3. It took a little bit of canon mirrorless to wake up the choices.

• What about the loose cables inside and light reflexion? Prototype?

• finally something interesting :).. let's hope it won't take them a century to finish it and also that the price won't be higher as similar adapters for NEX :)

• I hope this supports IS and is less than $200. Even if it doesn't support IS, at least we can finall use a Tokina 11-16 with aperture control on m4/3

• at least we can finall use a Tokina 11-16 with aperture control on m4/3

I can suggest much simpler approach - get Nikon version and Nikon G adapter :-)

• "Indeed we developed electronic adapters for Canon EF lens on mirror less cameras, but there have big patent risk ,we are >famous manufacture ,so we stopped to make a production ,pls understand. You can buy from internet, some guys are selling electronic adapter, they are personal behavior."

Well, there is the Redrock Micro LiveLens ESO->MFT lens adapter with an external iris control ( http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1009/redrock-livelens-mft-adapter-for-canon-lenses ) or adapters with its own built-in diaphragm, such as one by Kipon ( http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/758/m43-to-eos-adapter-with-diaphragm-by-kipon ). However, none of these would provide electronic contacts to the camera, power the lens image stabilization, or provide the electronic follow focus capabilities (not to mention the AF).

• @igorek7

I hope that guys who produce NEX-EOS adapter make one available for cheap.

• I use this one for Nikon lenses:

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev It appears, that each of the attempts to build an electronic support for a third-party lenses ends up in the struggle with the patents and/or expensive licenses. I am wondering why nobody came with an idea to make connection from the lenses mounted to a MFT camera with a modified CanonEOS-lens-adapter (+MFT-camera for shooting) and modified Canon-lens-cap (+Canon camera for the electronic lens control in manual mode: iris, etc.), something like on the image shown below? :-)

EOS-MFT-Camera.jpg
    2517 x 1374 - 2M
  • This looks interesting, although still cumbersome

• this looks cool....if I could just understand the guy !

• Lol @kurth I'm sure we'll see a proper review, many are interested in using their EF lenses, including me :)

• anybody can give some updates on this? I have been looking for cheaper alternatives to Metabones (not speedbooster) but cannot find a reliable answer. It would be so nice to have Lens Turbo II with IS-Aperture Control on a M43 body...