Personal View site logo
Fail - battery turning off or freezing
  • Hi-

I've hacked my GH2 a few times and like the results. HOWEVER, I keep having a problem. Sometimes the camera will just stop recording (it'll make the BEEP noise like I've actually hit the record button) or the camera will freeze and I have to take the battery out to shut if off (the on/off won't even work). This has happened on a few hacks (most recently Flow Motion v2.02). Any help to prevent this would be GREATLY appreciated.

I searched for fail, freeze and a few other items, so if this has been covered my apologies and please point me in the right direction!

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @shg

What type of card are you using? Try out Cake V2.3 or the attached modified Moon T-4 setting. If you have a fast card these settings will not crash and also allow for reliable spanning. If you are using a slow card don't bother because it WILL fail on you. I have the 95Mb/s card and the 45Mb/s card and sometimes the 45Mb/s cards will fail using the higher bitrate patches like Moon T-7 @ 24p-H. Cake V2.3 is more efficient in terms of bitrate so if you have a slower card you might want to try Cake V2.3.

sete.ini
  • That's very helpful- thank you. I'll try faster cards and also the hacks you recommend.