Personal View site logo
Ask developers of the Panasonic Lumix GH4, plus, answers about the m43 format
  • 130 Replies sorted by
  • Why is there no (5-Axis) Image Stabilization (in-body)?

• 1- will a new version of YAGH have an internal 4k Cineform or ProRes HQ 422 10bit recorder to removable SSD or CFast or SDXC UHS3?

2- Will the GH5 have a 12.6 megapixel sensor (4096 x 3072) to avoid sensor crop when recording 4k ?

3- when will be available the organic sensor in GH cameras ? And will it improve dynamic range for more than 14 fstops?

• The GH4 looks like it will be a very nice product. My only suggestion would be to price it at $995. I think there are a lot of people who have lenses for M4/3 and would like to shoot 4K, but they can't afford $1699. $995 is a more reasonable price. I would guess you would sell 3 to 4 times as many cameras if pricing is set at $995.

• Is the GH4 mechanically so identical to the GH3 that it is reasonable to try using the underwater housings made for the GH3 also for the GH4?

• Are consecutive frames taken while recording video actually used for the "depth from defocus" feature to improve continous autofocus?

• Is there a reason why no sound is recorded in "variable frame rate" mode with frame rates higher than playback frame rate?

• What is the technical difficulty preventing cameras from offering extremely low ISO modes? Even if not less noisy - couldn't that eliminate the need for ND filters?

• Will Panasonic consider mSATA or M.2 interfaces for large and fast Flash storage instead of SD cards in the future?

• Will Panasonic continue to dongle camera batteries, such that older cameras cannot be equipped with equivalent ones once original spare parts are not sold anymore?

• Regarding features, the GH4 is so much improved over its predecessors that it sits in a whole class above them. There is, however, one area that can't be put on a spec sheet. In the past, color rendering of the GH cameras has often been regarded as inferior to its DSLR competitors. It also clearly divided the camera from more expensive large sensor video cameras such as Canon C series. Has the color science been improved in the GH4 to make the camera more competitive in this area?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions