Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Seems that the T5 is fashionable, this little clip is part of a short film I'm recording was made with the T5

• A wedding shot with Moon T7..

• Long time since I'm reading this forum and this my first real post. Shooted this film with GH2 + pany 14-140mm + Drewnet T9 (720p only) + Resolve (Cuts & Grade). Million thanks to Lord Vitaly & Sir Driftwood for make this possible !

• Some skateboarding shot with Gh2 Nebula T7 720p 59,94fps.~f2 and Metabones Speedbooster + Contax Zeiss 85mm + 50mm f1.4. First scene with 1/2000, second one with ~1/200. Graded with Resolve 10, slow-mo with Timewarp. 2%.

Do you have experience of motion and artifacting with Nebula? Would Slipstream work better?

• @Celullo Beautiful shots and grade. Really great

• mostly moon t7 with a bit of t5:

And here are some frames of my next project raw and edited (first frame is T5, second is T7)

tctov_01_A.jpg
    2048 x 858 - 757K
    tctov_01_B.jpg
    2048 x 858 - 716K
    tctov_02_A.jpg
    2048 x 858 - 866K
    tctov_02_B.jpg
    2048 x 858 - 955K
  • @rsquires thx, grading is like painting

• @vstardust Looks great man.

• All Shot On MoonT7

A Video Of My Wife And Daughters Doing Their "Makeovers" LOL Sorry about the background had to stand the camera up on some books lol

• this is a trailer of my commercial making with gh2 with moon t7 ( and couple of hours later my gh2 died after not original battery suddenly turn off during the update for intravenus II :( Looking for new gh2.

hope you enjoy!

• Is is a mix between the old apocalypse and the moon with all intra.

granted with AFX - enjoy it.

https://vimeo.com/athenemedia/queenofthewind

• about recording with an creative white balance?, which would benefit with a flat profile record? I've been testing using creative wb plus lenses color filters and I think things are going well

• @celullo Brillant! Your cutting and use of space in the composition are awesome

• @matt_gh2: I agree with you that Moon T4 is the sharpest version. I tried Moon T4-T7 and T4 was exactly the sharpness I was looking for. Shot tests with a Canon FD 50mm/f1.4 and it was noticeable in the fine details. Then when I added post-sharpening, the image was tack. Couldn't ask for more. I'm sticking with Moon T4 for now.

Although, I wished Driftwood would make a version with the sharpness of T4 and the improvements found in T7. That'd be perfect.

• @clkvang Very cool. It's magic when you find the right secret sauce of hack settings, cam settings, lenses, and color correction. GH2 still rocks. Glad you've got what you were looking for.

• Another short little clip for my friend's shop.

Moon T7, 14-42 kit lens, variable ND.

• Hey guys, I have been asking recently about sharper settings like Moon T4, (which I have downloaded but so far not had a chance to try out), but I have to say now that I have these sharp lenses that Moon T7 was intended for, it is PHENOMENAL!

I do still plan to try out Moon T4, but the last bits I've shot have looked amazing with the 12-35 and the 45-175. Monday I shot quite a lot of footage for a friend, so I shot it on 24L, and even it looked amazing. Of course it's still around 80Mb/s, so I guess it would... :)

• @powderbanks, that is a great little piece you did there!

• @driftwood nick, i really enjoy the GH4 image in your test videos and i wonder if it's possible to get a kind of GH4onaGH2 setting?

• Hey, been awhile but never dissapointed when I visit this site! Just changed out the Apocalypse Now hack on my GH2 - ex:

and now have Moon T7 installed. Have the GH4 pre-ordered and also looking forward to the Sony A7s along with the Atomos Shogun 4K recorder/display monitor. But between the 3 cameras I now own - GH2, GH3 and BMPCC, I am thinking to sell the GH3 to help pay for GH4. From what I've seen posted here and also from my own experience, these hacks on GH2 beat the GH3 in image quality and so will make a better companion to the GH4. Without a GH3 hack, I don't think I would use it once the GH4 arrives? As I have yet to shoot with Moon T7, I am hoping it is as stable using the Extreme Pro 95 MB/s SDC I class card which worked fine with the Apocalypse Now patch although usually no playback on camera. If interested, here is a two camera music shoot with the Apocalypse Now on GH2 and the BMPCC:
    password is "northernlights" Couldn't match up the two cameras perfectly but the GH2 holds it's own, is definately sharper even after sharpening BMPCC in post. Depending on the subject, I sometimes like the softer look of BMPCC.

• @bumsklumpen Really not much we can do there. The GH4 uses 8x8 and 4x4 Transform (like the GH3) except it is devoid of 4x4 scaling matrices (just the two unsurprising 8x8 matrices). The GH4 uses its own QP rate control. More info on this soon - it appears very few stream analysis progs work with 4k .mov wrappers as far as I can tell. Elecard goes bonkers on the frame rate when it does manage to open one, codecvisa just hangs on most stuff, and a few others Ive tried are refusing to open them point blank. FFmpeg console is the only way to go to rip out the raw h264 data from the .mov or mp4 containers which takes a bit more time and effort but I will be doing more of this shortly. There's nothing new to add to GH2 codec that I haven't learned already from the GH3 tbh so I doubt the GH2 will benefit from anything new.

Having said that I will put the finishing touches to the rest of moon T8 shortly. I still have two GH2s - treasure them - they're still fuckin brilliant cameras. :-)

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters