Personal View site logo
4K Recorder and monitor - Convergent Design Odyssey 7 and 7Q
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • Anyone had a try on hacking this yet? I have a unit and can be of support if someone needs it.

• Latest news on the Odyssey 7Q from NAB

• Introducing the Odyssey7

• Less than one year ago, Convergent Design began shipping the Odyssey7Q monitor/recorder. The response has been overwhelming, with thousands more units shipped than anticipated. To celebrate this huge success, for a limited time the Odyssey7Q is available for just $1795, more than 20% less than the standard price.

The Odyssey7Q combines Convergent Design’s knowledge and experience of both broadcast and cinematography recorders, while adding the capabilities of a high-end professional monitor.

Odyssey7Q is a brilliant 7.7″ OLED monitor with 3400:1 contrast, true blacks, 1280×800 resolution and comprehensive monitoring tools. It’s also the best and most versatile portable recorder available on the market, enabling you to record HD Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), 4K Apple ProRes, Uncompressed, Sony FS7/FS700 RAW, Canon C500 4K RAW, ARRIRAW and POV RAW. For a limited time, Odyssey7Q is available for $1795, a $500 savings. The best just keeps on getting better!

http://www.amazon.com/Convergent-Design-Odyssey7Q-Recorder---Convergent/dp/B00J49JQOO/

• Seems better

Starting today, July 1st, the Convergent Design Odyssey7Q+ will ship with one 256GB Odyssey SSD included. A five-pack kit of SSD handles for use with qualified 3rd party SSDs (see below) is now included with each Odyssey7Q+. Convergent Design has further added a 4K-ready HDMI cable and adapter, as well as an Ultra-Thin 3G-SDI cable, to the universal AC power supply included with the Odyssey7Q+. All accessories are available for separate purchase from any Convergent Design dealer.

List Prices Slashed On Odyssey SSDs

Starting today, July 1st, Convergent Design has drastically reduced prices on all three models of Odyssey SSDs for the Odyssey 7.7” monitor/recorders. The 256GB Odyssey SSD is now $249, the 512GB Odyssey SSD drops to $449, and the 1TB Odyssey SSD is now $795. Prices are US list prices in United States Dollars. Prices around the world will vary due to shipping and customs fees. All Odyssey SSDs are fully warrantied by Convergent Design to perform in all recording modes on all 7.7” Odyssey monitor/recorders.

Convergent Design SSD Price Drop

• 256GB Old price $395, new price $249
    • 512GB Old price $795, new price $449
    • 1TB (1024GB) Old price $1395, new price $795
  • I got an Odyssey 7Q+ to use with my A7s. The video quality for 4k DownRes to 1080P30 even using ProRes LT is much improved over the internal recording. The camera runs twice as long on a battery and I can record over the 3 hours I need.

• Apollo Video Assist