Personal View site logo
Movie posters you like
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • I like that one all right. Alex Pardee's version is too literal and gory ,-)
    In horror movies' posters there's sooo much nice work... is like they make it up for the low budget

3 other versions worth knowing

A          B          C

Actually there are also interesting "childish" version of horror movies, Philiphino, Indian, etc.

ANOES_onesheet-1-500x746.jpg
    500 x 746 - 113K
  • @jpbturbo that's the way, loving your children no matter what (size). To lo guano Josh =)

Alain Resnais' Hiroshima mon amour, 1959 / L'Année dernière à Marienbad, 1961
    2 originals and Criterion, Polish, Bedřich Dlouhý and German versions.
    Rusian, Polish and Czech... and some Bulgarian movie poster designers are just way way ahead

Both on the left my favs, Polska dude is simply too good an original is really really nice, with the high vanishing point, the way space is inhabit and how those forms give shape and relate... and only human projecting shadows!! That's what I call reusing well an still :P

AL.jpg
    1216 x 1166 - 474K
  • Some posters

Here are a couple of theater posters I made at a former job. For Swing and The Sound of Music we were provided a logo. The "posters" were only made for the small form factor of being one of the featured images on the college website and weren't used in any other size.

• @GravitateMediaGroup your Dirty Harry nice poster doesn't show, seems can't be directly embed

Some of these guys amazing work; not sure about the Cronos one though

I also like most of the dark knight trilogy posters

• That's totally understandable. I try to keep spectations to minimum possible, just a notch over comatose :P
    Before going to abstract colourful world

Bela Tarr's A torinói ló, 2011 - old fashion negative posterisation at its best =)

Though a friend offered me the BD version, haven't seen it yet, saving it for a rainy day, hopefully can catch it first in cinemateque

• The poster is ten times better than the actual film. I was totally disappointed in virtually everything about this film. The marketing team did a much better job than production, even though their pants are enveloped in nuclear flames.

Great poster though.

• @GravitateMediaGroup that's a big poster ,-) what a pity about Brandom. I always liked this one and this fake other is also nice

Evil Dead, 2013 - though a depart from the ED trilogy (bye bye humour) much more scary, that last scene with the chainsaw it's no sugar-coated pure glorious gore!!

• I like this poster so much I bought 2 of them lol they're somewhat hard to find, and this is a pretty good deal for one on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brandon-Lee-THE-CROW-Door-Poster-2x6-FT-/161235595454

• @Aksel incredible mood and fine OST too =)
    Personally I can relate better to the excitement in older Karwai's, i.e. Chungkin Express (which should have a 2nd title as Pineapple Sweat :P) and my fav Fallen Angels

I found latest Jarmush's with same languor but with genius humour... just the vamp ice cream
    Criterion's version it's also very nice. All goodio

• One of my favorite movies and posters too

in the mood for love.jpg
    1130 x 1600 - 410K
  • Yeah, I always liked that one too. I remember seeing a teaser for it that was mostly motion graphics using the artwork from that poster and "the Voice". So simple yet effective and very true to the times.

Dawn of the Dead (int. Zombi), 1978 • couldn't lock authorship

There's several versions with mainly changes in title colour, personally like this one better.

dawn_of_dead_poster.jpg
    800 x 1211 - 155K
  • @matt_gh2 I'll totally check it out, report back and if I don't like it you'll feel pain at night, ja ja ajajaj
    Thank you Mattu =) This one is for you, a very nice chinese chan style poster
    Fu rong zhen, 1986 • Hibiscus Town • couldn't lock authorship

Hibiscus Town (1986).jpg
    800 x 1139 - 101K
  • @maxr You may like movie called Drew: The Man Behind The Poster. It's a doc about Drew Struzen who did a lot of Hollywood movie posters. I saw on Netflix and available other places I'm sure. 1st half of this doc is pretty cool - gets boring in 2nd half.

• Chinese are very explicit sometimes literal, not easy to find film poster I really like, still this one I do =)
    From 1983 Ga joi Heung Gong • Home at Hong Kong • couldn't lock authorship

Home at Hong Kong (1983).jpg
    800 x 525 - 52K
    by BLT Communications

BTW this Alexander Payne's film is superior workmanship, from all POVs. Gorgeous B&W, perfectly paced and edited, beautifully framed (as in "reality beautiful"), fantastic performances, specially Bruce Dern and June Squibb. Truly best old fashioned (and here is all good about all fashion) storytelling... and damn funny too.

As Woody, the protagonist, my father was an alcoholic and pretty stubborn too... and, also as in the film, over his final dusk we got to do and share some stuff together, have fun and know each other a bit. That's what I will keep as the memory of him =)

nebraska_xlg.jpg
    800 x 1249 - 173K
    by Alex Pardees

this guy has some gruesome nice stuff:

a
        b
             c
                d
                      e

300_alx_p.jpg
    750 x 997 - 854K
  • @Alienhead Oi bacano, tudo joia?!!! I have this thing with Fassbinder, Tarkovsky and others - don't know why - that I promised myself to only watch their films projected on the screen. Great poster BTW. Abraço

Witold Dybowski rendition of Alien

other version, include this and yet this nice one

@DanPV jajaja great great hard-on-fear exploited poster, can only start to imagine a 70's black frankestein context story XD

alien-polish.jpg
    706 x 1024 - 102K
  • Black Frankensteinimage

Blackenstein.jpg
    358 x 500 - 69K
  • I love that World on a Wire poster too! I should finish watching the movie, I started it during a weekend when Criterion releases were being shown for free on the Hulu pay service, but I only watched half and then it wasn't free anymore. I haven't seen this movie yet but it seems like a riot. Though I actually bought it as a gift for someone who I knew would like it.image

HOUSE1977.jpg
    600 x 869 - 60K
  • @BurnetRhoades very very nice, the BR one is almost too much, je je. Thanks
    If you want you can display the full image, just for forumners convenience ,-)

imgembed_grab.jpg
    861 x 455 - 51K
  • Finally getting a proper release in the States...

Ms_45_Poster.jpg
    649 x 960 - 108K
  • Needs no introduction...

423963_4868940492687_181935913_n.jpg
    632 x 960 - 85K