Personal View site logo
My thoughts on the Shrigg Jig and cage
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • I have the quick release... but I wouldn't use it to secure my GH2 body...
  • @stonebat should be ok with the flash mount attached on top as well, can't move then or move vertically:-)
  • I see. That's good.
  • I ended up putting the Cullmann quick release between the cage and the riser. I like the idea of keeping the cage on one of my GH2's permanently. And it still fits in my lowellpro fastpack 250 with no problem.
    It took a lot tinkering and a trip to the hardware store to get the Shrigg to adapt to camera, riser, rails, and tripod.
  • I leave my cage on all the time too, I really like the handling and protection it offers. Detaching the rods/riser makes the caged GH2 about the same size as a 7D, not bulky at all really
  • @brianluce Brian...when you get that pdf can you share?? I also did not receive all the hardware needed to mount the camera to the cage, Had to go to the local hardware store....and it was difficult finding something that was the right length and would fit inside the recess for the bolt.
    I wonder if Tim means a QR on the bottom of the cage. Sounds like you are talking inside??
    nevermind....just read that you put it on the bottom....
    Mark
  • @marks
    Tim didn't send the PDF :(

I still don't know how we're supposed to secure the hotshoe mount to the cage. I guess I'll remind Tim about the PDF.

I still think this product is really good, not perfect, but carbon fiber rails, mount, and cage for $149? That's a steal. And you're buying American. Yeah, Tim isn't too good with emails, just call the guy! He usually picks up.

It's simple to improvise a good HDMI clamp, maybe not as robust and TRustMT's, but still good. I just used a small metal bracket bolted to the side then wrapped it with a velcro tie to the HDMI. I would trust it to record to a Ninja. Monitor and Tascam also are rock solid when mounted.

One tip, good idea to buy some rubber strips to put between the cam and cage and other places to get a snug fit. Something similar to tire inner tube rubber. My hardware store sells 5"x5" strip for $3.

Anyone know an affordable handle solution? I think that's all it needs now.

• @brianluce Yeah....I put a piece of thin cork under the cam as a test and it stopped the spin. Since then I put some stuff on the cage that is made for coating tool handles....some kind of rubber coating I got from Lowes a while back. Works a champ.
  • Try it with a cam caddie by schneider. Less than $100.