Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • hi guys! I got the gh3 for couple of months and today I bought with good price gh2. It's without hack. Wanna make a good comparison between this cameras, what hack is the best to make a good fight gh2 vs gh3? thx for answer!

• @rezyserzycia IMHO: Pretty much any GH2 hack will run the GH3 off the road at 24p. I have both. GH2 hacked with moon T5. For the most part I now use the GH2 as A-cam and GH3 as B-cam. In a nutshell the GH3 was a good "try" by Panasonic. But with no signs of a GH3 hack... 50Mbs...is just 50Mbs. After 8 months of shooting with both I find the GH3's broadcast abilities...acceptable....but not incredible. Without blinking I'll sell my GH3 and get the GH4 - provided all it's "hipe" holds up. 100Mps IPB and 200Mbs All-I is very promising. At least on paper.

-Sorry to the group for going off topic. But I think this alone is a testiment to the power of Drifwoods Clustet X series of patches.

• @maddog15 I was watchnig a few battles on youtube gh2 vs gh3 and difference is really not big but the price is. Its my first shot with gh2 (without hack)in metro station with this little, funny lens 14-42 and this looks really ok for me. Just cant wait to hack it and make a good comparision. Im reading here about T7, looks nice, especially this video with last ninja on earth :)

gh2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 614K
  • @rezyserzycia You can't really "compare" anything like this on YouTube. Remember that no matter what camera you've shot with, YouTube compresses the crap out it when uploaded. So you're not really "seeing" a true comparison. Make your calls with side by side footage tests on your personal computer.

• @maddog15, while I understand your point completely, it does seem to me that higher quality video withstands the abuse of the YouTube compression better than lower quality video, and Moon T7 has been really nice in that regard for my totally amateur stuff. Having said that, the GH3 footage I have seen on YouTube has been super nice too.... I'm going to try some Moon T5 next to see if I like the extra sharpness. Maybe then I will see the full magnitude of what you are saying.

• @andy68, I really enjoyed that show despite me not knowing the language! :-D

Can you say which shots were made with the 14-140 lens? And is it the older version (f4-5.8?), or is it the new f3.5-5.6?

Is the rest shot on the Panasonic 20mm f1.7?

• My gh2 sedna + anamorphic sankor 16d

• @andy68 Very good! I like your video a lot!

• moon T7 dance test :)

• hi guys. I just give me new gh2 a moon T7 to eat and I'm going to make some good comparison between gh2 vs gh3. What I should turn inside gh2? a HBR to have the best results? And I dont see the slow motion here. its maybe at variable movie mode? Thx @driftwood for you work !

• i don't see the option like 24, 25, 60p. what Im doing wrong? ( silly me).

• @rezyserzycia, the best stuff (highest bitrates and image quality) happens in "creative movie">24P Cinema>24H mode. HBR is 30fps I think, and doesn't work as well as the 24H, or probably even 24L, which produces surprisingly nice quality video at a lower datarate.

• And BTW, when getting familiar with the various frame rates and such, you will definitely want to consult the Owner's Manual. The designators for the different modes are somewhat difficult to understand at first...

• @tjabo thx a lot Tjabo ! Some a going out with 24p cinema. And how to make a slow motion with moon t7 ?

• I had a chance to go underground 4000 feet to shoot a great video of a new mine opening in my city. We are a huge mining community, and Vale is one of the biggest mining companies in the world. All shot with Moon T7.

• Excellent work @x_worpig_x! Can you reveal a little bit more about how and what you used to make this? Really impressive.

• @bartje Yes I would love too! Everything was shot with FD 24mm, 50mm, 100mm, (elevator shot 20mm pancake) and the MD Minolta 45mm ( almost all the underground stuff with the 45mm) I used the Advanced Camera rig found in the PV deals with Mattebox filters. We shot a total of 3 full days underground. All interviews were recorded with the Sennheiser EW100 wireless lav mics + Zoom H4N. Edited in Premiere and Color corrected in Davinci resolve.

It's a very different atmosphere, and a great experience.

• @maddog15 yeah, but ya can't deny the autofocus ability of the gh3 ;) really nice for glidecam stuff, but I completely agree that the gh3 was a major disappointment overall.

• GH2 HACK CLUSTER X NIKKOR 50MM F1.2 ND FILTER VARIABLE

• gh2 cluster x lumix 14-140 mm

• GH2 + Voigtlander 17.95, Setting : F1.4, WB(Auto), ISO 640, Film mode : Standard(0,-2,0,-2), Firmware : Driftwood Drewnet T9(24L) Bitrate : 50Mbps, Color Grading : Adobe Premiere Pro CC

• I will buy two cards for Moon T7, but Im not sure about what card; Extreme SDXC @ 45MB/s, Extreme Plus SDHC @ 80MB/s, Extreme Pro SDHC @ 95MB/s or what?

• @Manu4Vendetta The 128Gb Extreme SDXC @ 45MB/s card works exellent for me. It spans and I have not had any issiue with that card. I use this card for Moon T7 and for Drewnet T9.

• Moon T7, Lumix 20mm, -32 celsius

• @kkorr, thanks.

What about the Extreme Plus @ Card 80MB/s? have a good relation price/performance.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters