Personal View site logo
GH3 : documentary. An artist at work (edit : english subtitles)
  • Here's a little doc I did w/ GH3 (some GH2 too here and there). It's in french but (optional) english subtitles will follow very soon. You can already see the use of several tools listed below. I was alone (apart for the interview) doing everything, so I hope you'll be kind on the result.

Lumix GH2 & GH3

edelkrone slider V2

Glidecam HD1000

Sennheiser G3 (w/ Sanken Cos. 11 lav)

Tascam DR100 MK2

lenses : voiglander nokton 25mm, Olympus 12mm, Canon FD 50mm, Elicar macro 90mm

And two standards Chinese CFL lights w/ softboxes

That's all I think!

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Very enjoyable, an artist with admirable principles. It would have been nice if the ending included a vignette of his works; I was hoping to see more of his tape mannequins which are really fascinating. Also like how his name opens and closes the film, nicely done. Good luck to both of you.

• Thank you spacewig. I'm helping the guy to build a kind of online visibility (tumblr, facebook, twitter, etc. to his name). Right now he only have a small (and poor) blog where you can see some of his past work.

http://tresorartblog.com.over-blog.com/

Right now he's doing several tape mannequins and leave them in the street, here and there, to see their destiny : garbage or someone living room depending on their luck. A nice & talented guy. :-)

• No one needs to strain to be kind - it's really fantastic work, especially for being shot entirely alone! Some great shots in there, and I think you captured his process well.

• Thanks a lot Cde! Glad you liked it. hopefully the english subtitles will follow soon (not made by me, don't worry ;-) )

• Looks great.

• Well Done. It's good when the filming becomes somewhat transparent and it feels like you are getting to know the subject.

• Great work man. It's all very well done. Great camera movement and editing. The one bit advice I would say is if you're doing a two camera interview with both cams again, use the GH3 on the close up. The green skin tint really jumps out when cut with the better colors in the GH3. I have the same problem cutting Black Magic footage and GH2 footage.

P.S. Love that low lever track you have going on there. As a matter of fact all the sound is great!

• I was waiting for the english subtitles to respond (I'm told they're coming "this week" !...) and not bumping this thread over and over... but thanks guys for the very kind words. You're right @vicharris ! Your posts on lighting thread made me obsessed with that frikkin greenish tint' I see everywhere now. I don't want to sell the mighty GH2 (I learned everything with it) even if I get a BMCC V² or GH4, but I really hope to be able to afford the work of some skilled guys for all that postwork (mixing/grading). Not my cup of tea and I don't have the tools : calibrated monitor. Calibrated eyes. Balanced ears. ;-)

The music is made by Chris Zabriskie. You can freely use his music in your productions and give the guy what you think he deserves when you can afford to do some donation (no obligation, but eh... you have to give credit to this generous idea in this jungle market!)

http://chriszabriskie.com/

Thanks again guys. My last bump will be for the english subtitles. Very soon !

• I've added english subtitles. Hope you'll enjoy (despite the strange grey thing added around the sub by vimeo...)