Personal View site logo
GH2 High Quality GOP3 Settings, Series 2: 'AN' Valkyrie, GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, Duke, natural :-)
  • 670 Replies sorted by
  • New tests. Same settings + lens with latests Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3

• Hey guys,

Long time since I visited you now, been more in the post production industry lately. Glad to see that you're still doing improvement! One question though, why is there a hack called 444? I mean the file doesn't contain a 4:4:4 color sampling, right?

• @davidhjlindberg I think the link below has the explanation you're looking for. Many people like the Boom, Intravenus v1, and Intravenus v2 hack settings in this "Apocalypse Now" family of hack settings. Definitely worth trying all 3.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/4391/apocalypse-now-settings-boom-intravenus-cbrandindriftwood-an-soft-cinema/p1

• @matt_gh2 Thank you so much for your answer, it really helped a lot.

• @IVIaverick52

what the differences are between TZ3 and TZ4.

TZ3 is aimed at the recording over 4GB. (spanning)

Image quality has been important than spanning in TZ4.

About 24p, span is possible for both. In TZ3, in-camera playback is possible for the difference in 24p, and it is often impossible in TZ4.

• @dlzn Many thanks always, mate! :-)

• @matt_gh2

Many thanks for your assist, mate! Since work is busy now, I can hardly participate in the forum. However, the test is continued about the setting which spans in 1080i/HBR certainly. :-)

• @matt_gh2 I for one am a fan of Boom. I was using Moon7 but because of the softer style I switched back to Boom.

• @Gardner I know just what you're talking about. Moon7 with Lumix lenses yields nice modern looking sharp images that still look great. I found Boom more old school 80s filmic and usually only had to make a quick luma "s-curve"(my term as rookie) adjustment and footage looks great. I ended up trying Intravenus v2 and found this to yield a slightly different 80s film look without much grading needed. If you haven't test drived Intravenus v2, I'd def try. That's what I shot recent project with and was very pleased.

Another thing I'm just now realizing is that Moon7 with some Nikons and Rokinons looks great. Its somewhere between a Moon/Lumix combo and a IV2/vintage lens combo...in terms of sharp/soft...video/film look.

Love this GH2 because you can get so many different looks with it. Another thing worth experimenting with is Smooth vs Standard. I prefer smooth.

All this is possible due to the mad genius and skills of Vitaliy and Driftwood! Don't forget to contribute everybody!!

• @ GOLGOP3-13 LOVERS :-)

In HBR30p/60i/NTSC of GOLGOP3-13-A2 under improvement, it succeeded in spanning more perfectly now.

This is the setting that can span stable than any other setting of 1080i/3GOP past.

I am doing adjustment in PAL side now. Please look forward to the release of A2 BETA12.

• In 1080/60i of GOLGOP3-13-A2 that span surely, I have been moved to 6GOP from 3GOP. In the PAL side, 1080/50i, I intend to keep the 3GOP. As setting spanning always, I'm going to fix the "24p: 3GOP, 50i: 3GOP, 60i: 6GOP, 50p: 6GOP, 60p: 9GOP". It seems to be finally released. :-)

GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12_HBR30p_6GOP_12_800_room_sp_qp.png
    1296 x 632 - 511K
  • Hello here is my test of GOLGOP3-13-MAX2 BETA10 on my gh2. These Golgop 13 Hacks really fit my needs. Just took this hack today and played with it a few minutes ago after going down of my bike in my parking. No color graded, only colors from my gh2.

• @tusoli5

Many thanks for your good sample! It has appeared well that GOLGOP3-13 is good at lowlight. :-)

• GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12

bkmcwd "GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12" - setj.ini - Released 21/12/2013

This A2 is the version in which spanning is possible in all the rec modes.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Also on towi's Death Movie, span is possible for all the rec modes.

Cautions are required to use iDRC or iA only in 720p.

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to all silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• The original matrix is adopted in the newest GOLGOP3-13. It is the middle of a Sedna matrix and a stock character. If I say plainly, it will be the Sedna matrix optimized in 3GOP structure.

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q13

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q13 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 50M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 50M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 50M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both with

• Fully working iA and iDynamic range modes if you require them (Take care only in 720p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080/50i/HBR25p modes

• Beautiful 6 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 1080/60i/HBR30p and 720/50p modes

• Beautiful 9 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 720/60p mode

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• In camera playback is available in all rec modes,

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic range control. On the other hand, in other rec modes, it is satisfactory with iA or i dynamic range control at all.

*Although I have received the report that it was able to be used also with the slower card, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12_HBR25p_12_800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 635 - 213K
    GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12_HBR30p_12_800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 547K
    GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12_50p_12_800S_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 632 - 184K
    GOLGOP3-13-A2_BETA12_60p_12_800_room_sp_qp.JPG
    1296 x 631 - 191K
  • Looks pretty amazing.

• @dlzn

Thanks mate! Please try it. :-)

• Next, I am working on Valkyrie 444 TZ3 now. :-)

I would like to also improve Spizz someday.

• Cool & thank you @bkmcwd!

About the latests Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3: It works great on different skin tones & (fast) moving objects. Even with a stock lens, you'll get quite some nice images. One thing I've noticed though: while filming indoors with low light in 24p close to a light source, the image shows a lot of rolling shutter in camera. While in HBR mode this is less.

I mostly shoot short parts, about a couple of minutes max, so I haven't really tested it for longer filming, like maybe an hour.

Last but not least; with some good lighting you can really push the ISO without getting severe grain. So that's great.

I'll probably use this patch for more cinematic stuff & music videos.

Cheers,

(:

• Tested it (same Valkerie) today as well. In camera playback crashes while shooting 720/60p in HBR. Am testing the latest golgop right now.

• @dlzn

Hi,

So thanks for your reports and I am so sorry for my reply delayed.

Since I was suffering from influenza, I was silence for a while. :-(

However, I already recovered.

Tested it (same Valkerie) today as well. In camera playback crashes while shooting 720/60p in HBR.

Wasn't this solved even if you rebooted the camera?

• I am investigating the setting which still "can span in HBR30p or FSH60i perfectly."

Though I received medical treatment for influenza, I was continuing the test.

Although the setting which can span 15 files is already done, I am stabilizing it now. :-)

• I am going to release new TZ3 for NTSC soon. :-)

• Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.0N "For NTSC"

bkmcwd "Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.0N " - setb.ini - Released 07/02/2014

*All the modes were changed from 2.4. :-)

This TYPE-ZERO3 is the version in which spanning is possible in all the rec modes.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focusing and zooming was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Also on towi's Death Movie, span is possible for all the rec modes.

Cautions are required to use iDRC or iA only in 60p.

This "3.0N" is only for NTSC. I am just going to prepare TZ3 only for PAL now.

* Of course, you can use also in PAL modes with this "3.0N" .

Please try it! And I am very glad if I can get feedbacks from you.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to all silent users of my settings! :-)

Of course, many thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

• Superb-looking Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in all the modes

• Upto 110M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M(110x1.25=137.5M) for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24H mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 40M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 40M for Top Quality 720p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24H and 24L both with

• Fully working iA and iDynamic range modes if you require them (Take care only in 720/60p)

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i/HBR modes

• Beautiful 6 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 720p modes

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is available in all rec modes,

*Supposing you use "SH" mode safely in 60p, please turn OFF iA and i dynamic range control. On the other hand, in other rec modes, it is satisfactory with iA or i dynamic range control at all.

*Although I have received the report that it was able to be used also with the slower card, I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO3 3.0N.zip
  • This is the result of "TZ3 only for PAL" in FSH (1080/50i).

Valkyrie_444_TZ3_PAL_25p_7_800SFSH_tdc1_fl_cin_span15.JPG
    1295 x 541 - 311K
  • I've been testing this the last couple days and I'm liking it so far. I mostly need cinema and hbr settings and both are looking good. Thanks for your hard work bkmcwd.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters