• My latest, on GH2's

• Not videos, but...

http://www.y-s-a.ru/

nikon_v30.jpg
    800 x 476 - 132K
    nikon_v31.jpg
    800 x 480 - 110K
  • I wonder what happens on smart tvs

They'll become Android TVs :-) I have one, for example, Android 4.2, can install any app from Google Play, like good video players or games.

• Ok I will try. @Vitaliy you are kind to answear at every single question of every single user! As for Html, I remember we have an option in Encore which outputs a .swf flash file... I wonder what happens on smart tvs

• Next step: I would like to create a sort of menu which can autorun on smart tvs, allowing a small and simple selection of scenes,

Won't work. Best you can do is to make HTML with lot of gif files so MKV will play after click.

• Thanks Vitaliy, I'm now converting .m2ts files to mkv using the wondershare video converter. Infact, after exporting to a BD folder, I get separated files for each title of the blu ray, plus a video file for each animated menu. Next step: I would like to create a sort of menu which can autorun on smart tvs, allowing a small and simple selection of scenes, just to choose which file to play and so on. How can menus or scene selection be added to a mkv file (or folder)? I also might need a free and simple player which works on smart tvs, allowing menus... Is that possible?

• I read about mkv format, but can I obtain it from my workflow? Thank you for helping

If you have Blu-ray files you better just use some converter that could make MKV out of it.

• Hello everyone. Maybe this has been already discussed somewhere in the forum. But I'm new to this: how can I easily give away the final job on a flash usb drive, in addition to dvds and blu ray? I mean a flash drive to be inserted in a modern Tv. My workflow actually ends up in Encore, where I create menus and burn the blu ray, and build dvds (transcoding to SD). The files I load in Encore come from Premiere in .m2v and .ac3 for audio. Shall I change the whole workflow? I read about mkv format, but can I obtain it from my workflow? Thank you for helping

• Shooting ceremony

• First Slow Motion Wedding booth for this year's wedding season with GH3 60p and twixtor

• @Sph1nxster Thanks a lot I appreciate it.

@Imackreath the video above is the first wedding video that I decided to use the cinemascope bars to give a cinematic feel and it made a huge difference.

I feel that my films were always cinematic but still had that look of being video. This along with grading goes a long way I think and is a tradeoff for the reduction of screen space. You just need to shoot with the framing in mind!

• Interested to hear peoples thoughts on aspect rations they choose for their wedding videos and why. It seems the common format is either 16:9 using the full screen or 2:35.1 with the black bars at the top and bottom for a more 'cinematic' feel.

I wonder what determines peoples choices in aspect ratio, is it the venue?, the look? or is it simply a style that they like and they use it no matter what.

For me personally I seem to be using 2:35.1 a lot lately, but I am starting to think I am wasting valuable screen space by doing so. As soon as I start shooting full screen at 16x9 I feel my footage loses that cinematic quality and looks very amateurish..

your thoughts please..

• @tylerknight Really enjoyed that. Great shots

• Here is a demo reel compiled of 3 weddings for my wedding videography company in Canada.

Shot with Hacked GH1, GH2, Panasonic AC90 and Sony NX5U

• how did u get the rights to the Aerosmith tune?

• This is my first wedding video with a GH3 + Pana 20 1.7 + Oly 45 1.8

• @konjow yea sorry. in the middle of an edit right now and not thinking straight!

• OBgene. I believe you meant Panasinic 35-100 2.8 I'm actually thinking to get one for wedding porpoise. And hopefully second one soon.