Personal View site logo
Need Ideas for a short film...
  • I have a few ideas in mind but need a few more so that i can decide on 1 and go ahead with it...

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • Try committing to the one you like most and developing it until you feel invested in it and attached to it. Much better strategy than looking for other people's ideas on a forum.

• @VishalBasil

Do you need complete script also included in suggestions? May be need some people and gear for free also?

• hmmm....tried for it @CDE but it seems a little uncomplete to me...

@Vitaliy_Kiselev , no just something to work on, i am no short of creativity but just nned that kick start with an interesting topic...

• The seeds for a story are all around you.

Open your eyes and ears and you'll suddenly have a bunch of potential stories. I often tune into couples talking in cafes and restaurants or someone talking on a cell phone. Take some of that conversation and then use it to create a 'what if' scenario.

What if the guy talking to his wife on his cellphone is totally unaware she is in bed with his best friend while he is talking to her?

Now you have the start of something you can expand upon. My problem is I always have too many stories buzzing around in my head!

• how about someone who by stealing other peoples ideas becomes utterly rich and famous and then has to cope with the feelings of guilt arounsing as a direct consequence of his impudent theft? maybe being rich and famous also really sucks for him. who knows.

help is 'round the corner.

• make a movie about a guy trying to make a movie if all else fails ; )

• Make a movie about a guy who posts a question on a forum asking for ideas to make a movie.

He gets so annoyed by the responses he receives that he tracks each forum member down and kills them.

He's so blown away by his actions that he writes a script based on what he did.

But before he begins production the forum moderator steals his script and kills him.

The movie goes on to become a box office record breaker and the forum moderator shuts down the forum and retires to a small island off the coast of North Queensland!

Well I think it has possibilities! ;)