Personal View site logo
Official GH1 "Lenin" Hack Project Discussion
  • 227 Replies sorted by
  • Mine has WE0L (Dec 2010) model. FPN issue still persists, but it's mitigated so that it can be easily fixed with noise reduction software. But no scientific proof. It could be sample variation.

I'd get a new GH1 if possible. GH1 is darn cheap. ISO 100. Cheaper batteries. Longer battery power. Darn cheap. Hackable. Gawd... no brainer to get it.
  • VK strikes again, give him lots of credits!
  • I'm spreading the word. Panasonic is definitely not going to be happy!
  • Do you think it is possible to hack the GH1/GF1/G2 to be able to take of the ETC mode the newer models have?
  • so when will it be ready to use
  • Patience Patience....I believe he said about a week.
  • Thank you Vitaliy for your generosity. Looking forward to the new hack. We owe you. FYI-There's a pretty good deal at B&H... GH1 & 14-42 for $499.00 Best to all!
  • Outstanding work! Much quicker than I thought.
  • >Do you think it is possible to hack the GH1/GF1/G2 to be able to take of the ETC mode the newer models have?

Most probably answer is no.
    And G2 already has ETC, btw.
  • >so when will it be ready to use

Next Monday.
    Ptool will include few other new patches.
  • >There's a pretty good deal at B&H... GH1 & 14-42 for $499.00 Best to all!

Adorama also has GH1 body for $399 and
    kit with 14mm for $699 - http://www.adorama.com/IPCDMCGH1KL3.html
    It looks like all bodies in Adorama are made in 2011.
  • thanks i so happy cant wait to use my gh1 now
  • Thanks alot and great job. Looking forward to have my japanese GH1 speak english to me. Can't wait to find out if she really does loves me ?
  • Thank you for all your work Vitaliy!!!
    Something I just noticed... If you're a fan of Panasonic on facebook, you can get the GH1 for $299 from Panasonic Direct. I'm assuming if your buying from Panasonic you're getting the 2011 version. Other partner programs have even cheaper prices (using the "NextJump" partner link i'm seeing them for $269!!) soo cool, but probably temporary once they catch word of the great work Vitaliy did.
  • Where is the ETC setting on the G2 I never saw it?
  • >Where is the ETC setting on the G2 I never saw it?

EXT. OPT. ZOOM in movie settings :-)
  • Will you have time to look at the 4:3 mode (preferably with adjustable resolutions like is possible for 16:9 mode)?
  • I just want native 24p. You're beautiful Vitaliy!!
  • Just curious if the G3 has any potential to be hacked to perform anywhere near similar to the GH2 for video/other features since the G3 uses the same chip the GH2 uses.
  • Vitaliy does it again!!!!!!!!!!! Brother you have some mad skills!!!!!! If you ever come this way in the world - London - I would like to buy you a drink or two. Keep it secret shhhhhhh Panasonic might try to get you extradited he he he he
  • I've read a lot of comments about the difference in the codec while recording in 1080p versus 720p. It seems that everyone is saying that 720p holds up much better and in the end produces a better image. Is this true for the hacked GH1 and if so, let's say ultimately one was looking to produce a film using the GH1 (budgeting :-) and wanted to produce an image that would stand up on the big screen, what would be the best configuration with a hacked GH1? Would someone mind commenting on the patch, the film mode or resolution, etc? Thanks.
  • It's very subjective matter. You gotta try all and decide what works for you. Some like 1080p24. Some like 720p60.
  • @stonebat, so what is your preference?
  • filip, i only see GH1K for $349 at Panasonic Direct...

Ignore that.. i wasn't signed in... I wonder how many of these they have left??!
  • What is the difference between GH1 and GH1K, just color right?