Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • My film reel from 2013, i used a combination of a panasonic gh3 with a few different lenses, and a gopro hero 2

• Not all but many shots of this 30 minutes movie was done with a Gh3 ( 50 % ) This is the teaser.. I hope you'll enjoy it.

• @MikeLinn Thanks for taking interest in my video (Flowery Branch in December)!!

• Have you noticed:

When using automatic photo modes (A,S,P,auto iso) the automatic values camera wants to choose are always displayed.

When using same video modes (A,S,P,auto iso) those values are not displayed. You easily end up using f22 with S-mode because you cannot see it. Or camera like to use iso 6400 even if you dont want. There are no iso limit either for video.

I think that video features are still short of perfect in Panasonic cameras even though those are still best in the market.

• @william1313 - then you have a bright future ahead of you. Well done. Hard cuts will work when you progress with editing. It's a fine art that improves with practice. Be aware of how one clip or a part of the clip relates to the one before and the following one. Move them around until they flow. Look for an inner rhythm and use that to propel the whole.

• @stoneinapond yeah im 16 and im just getting started, they do look pretty cheesy, I just wanted something to help transition between clips better since hard cuts started to look really bad

• Looks nice, but please loose the fake flares.

• A video taken recently with my GH3 with a tokina 70-200mm f2.8 constant. Tell me what you guys think or any camera setting suggestions

• @fancydancer ...

I didn't presume it was your video. My comments were therefore simply in general about it ...

Neil

• @fancydancer

Very nice CC!

• @fancydancer

That's overall quite an enjoyable bit of vid. Would certainly love to have been there just to play with their "toys" and watch them fly. One thing I wonder about ... I do love some bits where the camera moves, but early on, the camera movement is so constant and changing it almost seems more the "subject" of the footage than the image itself.

Or am I just ... well, unique in viewpoint? ;)

Neil

• Panasonic GH3, Samyang Cine Primes, Glidecam HD-2000, Sachtler Ace-L Tripod.

• @Aria thanks! i used 9-18 olympus, 25mm 1,4 lumix and 45-150 lumix

• @greyapple, really loved that video. Great look and feel. Some of those shots were really cinematic and emotional. What lenses were used?

• Some extreme low light shots here, for those who are interested. Music video shot with GH3, Natural -5 -3 -4 -5

• Merry Christmas to All!

Shot with GH3 + PLeica 25mm f/1.4 + Oly 45mm f/1.8 + tripod during yesterday. No additional lightning.

• Remember that we have running PV video contest at http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/9159/personal-view-video-contest

With Varavon 1m SlideCam V medium slider as main prize for Panasonic cameras owners.

• some nice GH3 footage shot recently

• @Vesku

Amazing number of photos, as a portrait pro even when we had out biggest clientele I never approached 40k images a year ... wow! :)

Neil