Personal View site logo
New Vimeo Player
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • A real fancy video to essentially say... nothing.

• My Firefox 26 on Windoze has not been able to display Vimeo videos for several months. I have to launch Chrome to watch them.

So how come I can view the advert above, but when I go to Vimeo, their player just fails to responds to my clicks?

• If only they would update their terrible mobile app.

• I couldn't scale the video that told me how great the scaling feature was...

• Close captioning does seem to work though. I just checked and you can add it to any video using the settings/advanced page and uploading one of the standard CC file formats.

• I'm on east coast United States and the new Vimeo still loads slow as hell. Seems like some areas of country and the world do better on YouTube and some better on Vimeo. Guess it's best to offer your audience 2 links (one YouTube and one Vimeo).

• I desperately want Vimeo to become awesome because there are a lot of things they do that are -just about- there for independent film and video distribution via VOD. If they could resolve some of these issues it would open up more opportunities for us to go direct to audiences in a meaningful way.

• @DouglasHorn Excluding iTunes and Netflix, it seems the other direct to audience options like Distrify all have some kind of clunky problem somewhere in the process whether it's user experience, payment method, or whatever. I'm not too familiar with the mechanics and costs of it all, but what's to stop one from creating their own site with paypal payment and a download and/or stream option?

• They have the worst android app in the world. Moreover their apps on TV and media player is full of bugs never solved. It's a shame.

• Vimeo works ok for me, and youtube bugs like hell.

Vimeo IOS app, new redesigned one from few months ago, is totally useless for me, you can't access stats, comments, nothing, just play and share. Before last update it even lacked Search. I also use Vimeo app on Samsung TV, and it works fine.

• I have no sound with Safari, on my macbook pro ????? but it works fine on MacPro ???

• Animated gif for video covers are the craze. Every staff pick video I go watch has one :)

• The audio sync issues, which are dreadful, seem to be fixed when viewing on Chrome now, but not on Firefox. Of course, YouTube does not have this problem, which means it isn't a problem, really.