Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @electria0814, nice video! What lens did you use for the sharp shots at the beginning (most of the first 25 seconds or so)?

@andy68, super nice video!
    All shot on the Lumix 14-140? How much sharpening in post, and what type of color correction/grading process did you use?

I'm beginning to think I should trade up my 14-42 for a 14-140. I just don't seem to get that quality of an image with the lower end lens. I'm also considering the big step up to the 12-35, too, since I don't necessarily need the long reach of the 140mm end...

• will a PNY Elite Performance 64GB UHS-1 SDXC Flash Card SD SDHC 90MB/s Class sd work with moon T7?

• @andy68 I really liked a lot of the tones you had going in that. Very nice. Was that graded in or is that mostly from the profile used?

• @onionbrain makes sense. I constantly forget that to the average viewer, most of the stuff that bugs us goes unnoticed to them. I'm in the middle of cutting a music video and was going through some of the edited footage with my client and caught myself explaining why the 4:2:0 color space doesn't work well with harsh colored venue lights such as all red or all blue... he looked at me like I was speaking another language haha!

• gh2 moon 7

• Drewnet T9 :)

• @onionbrain I'm so glad to see you message,Thank you especially love my film :) Your encouragement is my greatest power :)。 love it , Thanks! :)

• @IVIaverick52 The precise answer is yes -- but the truth is that I haven't actually reached that point, yet (my current projects are relatively massive, and unfortunately, that means 95% of my current time is dedicated to research and writing and not the fun stuff like editing). The direct answer is that you match your Blackmagic footage to your production -- and you have vastly less flexibility with the GH2 footage. And, honestly, the GH2 footage (although it has less aliasing and no moire) is tougher to work with when you mix in Blackmagic footage because it does have an H.264 look. That said -- only people like us recognize an H.264 look -- and general audiences are generally oblivious to this stuff. So -- you match your Blackmagic footage to your GH2 stuff -- because the Blackmagic footage can be made into almost any look. You can't transform the GH2 too far from its core recording state. That said -- the GH2 stuff is great and looks wonderful -- especially with settings by Driftwood.

• @x_worpig_x

That's a real surprise. Usually, the only cards that reliably span at high bit rates are the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gig cards. I've used the 32 gig cards with Moon7, and they don't span. But you spanned with the 16 gig cards?

Anyways, if anyone has solid information on using the faster Sony cards, I'd love to know about it before I try'em.

• @x_worpig_x

I could span with 16g 30mb/s cards on MoonT7.

I'm talking about the Sandisk Extreme Pro 16gig cards.

???

Confused ideas...

• @Brian_Siano I'm talking about the Sandisk Extreme Pro 16gig cards.

• @x_worpig_x: You did use the Sony cards? That's good to know. This is something that needs first-hand verification.

You see, I tried out Moon T7 the other day with a Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gig card, rated at 96MB/s. It didn't span: it recorded for about four minutes, and stopped.

it's known that the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gig cards, also writing at 95 MB/ps, do span, but these cards seem to use some controlling protocol that the 32gig cards don't. They're also expensive, roughly $130. But, if the Sony cards work reliably, and they span, they're worth trying. I'll order one and give it a try.

• @Brian_Siano I could span with 16g 30mb/s cards on MoonT7. I don't see why it wouldn't.

• Has anyone used the Sony 94mbps cards with Moon 7? How'd it work out? Does it span?

• @Tjabo I used Samyang 35 and Lumix 20 (+ ex tel mode) and for a few shots in the beginning a GoPro. I used After Effects for some animation and software stabilization. Edit in Final Cut X. This year I will look into Adobe PP cos' of the better workflow with AE.

• also agree on GH2 versatility and its particular image i still can't find anywhere else yet..

• @onionbrain Great point on versatility.

• @onionbrain Have you had any projects where you needed to cut footage together from both a BMCC and the GH2? If so how difficult were they to match?

• @andy68 Really great music video productions on every level!

@everyone -- I just read though some of the more recent pages on this thread. And, I have to say, I can't imagine selling my hacked GH2 cameras. Today -- in January of 2014 -- there still aren't cameras out there that do what a GH2 with Driftwood settings does. Heck -- I'd sell my Blackmagic cameras before I'd sell the GH2's -- purely because the hacked GH2 is infinitely more versatile.

• @electria0814

Great videos! I especially love your model -- she's hot enough to get me on a plane to Japan!

Great work!

• @sam, unbelievable video! What lenses and editing software did you use?

• @sam awesome thanks

• @TATZU it is indeed a really nice place. but well, it is an imagefilm. It shows the nice places. Emmertsgrund is a district with big ugly blocks and they are not in a good condition. And the district is different to the rest of heidelberg. Manly because there are more different people with different cultural backgrounds. But that is not the thing that courses problems. I don't honestly think that germany has ghettos anyway - if you compare it to the rest of the world. But I think that people don't care about international comparisons. They think from their living room to the job to the fitness center and their own wealth compared to people that surround themselves. You can observe in almost every city, town or village (size doesn't matter), that people construct districts, streets or sometimes just single houses, where the "different", "stupid" & "poor" people live. As if they feel better, when somebody else feels worse. But most of the time these constructions have a true beginning indeed. In the 70th Emmertsgrund was dangerous. There was a lot of violence, gang fights and drug dealing (still not comparable to mexican or brazil ghettos) . But times and people in Emmertsgrund have changed. Still people in other districts hold on to the idea of an ghetto identity – some people in Heidelberg are afraid to walk around in Emmertsgrund, even though the police statistic rates almost every other district more dangerous… pure constructivism in my opinion. But thats a common way people construct their own reality… an yes: no ghetto in heidelberg. It is just somewhat funny that people in Heidelberg think that they have ghettos. They just completely lost their sense for reality.

(edit: sry… slightly offtopic)

• @sam If that place called Emmertsgrund is considered a "ghetto" Then that is one VERY NICE COUNTRY. doesn't look like a ghetto at all compared to u.s. ghettoes

• @driftwood Thanks for the update Sir Driftwood.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters