Personal View site logo
Looking for a hack for GH1, 35-40Mbps every time, FHD 25p, HD 50p
  • Is there a hack like this? I need at least 30Mbps at every situation, no card erros. I used GOP 3 patches-> PAL mode sucks, Max latitude patches-> too low bitrates, no HD slow motion.

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Lpowell's reliable in-camera playback

• I tried using his Max latitude patches but they didn't give enough bitrate. I think the one you suggested is even worse.

• mine runs around 35 most of the time . I had to go to sandisk extreme. Normal class 10 cards weren't fast enough. I couldn't be more pleased and am thinking about buying another gh1 body to go with my incoming g6 , since my present gh1 is a bit hobbled after loosing my straplug. And I'd put reliable playback on another w/o a 2nd thought.

• What about indoors? Do you still get 35Mbps? Because i get like 15-20Mbps with the Max Latitude which has higher bitrates. Even on wide shots.

• You will not get high bitrates unless there is lots of detail and movement in the scene. I reckon the best test subject is the leaves of a tree blowing in the wind. Try it and see what bitrates you get then.

• Solved, i'm using a not yet released hack, 50Mbps even when recording a white wall.

• Hi HollyBoni!

• @HollyBoni, I and i'm sure others with GH1 will be very interested in this Hack once it's ready to be released. Please keep us posted on developments.

• Yaaay, Al-Dolega! Hi!

This is the hack i'm talking about, ask humpan: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/8601/panasonic-gh1-firmware-research-testing#Item_14

The hack is NOT stable, he can't stabilize it. Locked up tripod shots don't work, otherwise it's very very good, GH2 quality. :)

• @HollyBoni by the way, can you compare it with gh2?

• Nope, don't have a GH2. :(