Personal View site logo
SANITY X - High Bitrate Version of Sanity
  • 145 Replies sorted by
  • is there any comparsions Sanity X vs Flowmotion 2

• There is a bit of confusion about how we're talking about the speed of cards and the speed of the bitrate. Cards are measured in megaBYTES (MB) and bitrate is measured in megaBITS (mb). So a 45MB card has an equivalent speed of 360 megaBITS. (1 megaBYTE = 8 megaBITS).

Sanity's HBR top bitrate is 44 megaBITS, which equals 5.5MB. You can that see it's nowhere near the speed of the card. Write errors usually occur not because the card is too slow, but because the onboard processing engine can't keep up with what we're asking it to do.

Hope that helps.

• @Ralph_B no, I guess there is no problem here. I'm just not clear on how a 45MB card records when (if I understood correctly) the HBR bit rate can reach 90MB. But as long as it works I don't need to know! Thanks.

• @Alienhead

Have you had problems with the 45M card? I've torture tested HBR with a Sandisk 16GB 30M card and it passed fine.

• Yes, but then this does mean that HBR mode in Sanity X may fail if using a 45mbs card? I guess it's just not safe to rely on it until I can get a faster SD, unless there is something built into the 24H mode that prevents the bit rate from exceeding that capability of the card during a complex scene.

• @Alienhead

The high bitrate of Sanity X only applies to 24H. HBR mode is the same as it was in Sanity 5.1.

• I've been using Sanity 5.1 for a while and I'm looking forward to trying Sanity X. @Ralph_B I have a 45/mbs Sandisk card, what does the HBR setting do when there is a high level of complexity but it exceeds the write speed of the card? Thanks for your work.

• SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s spanning works ! (24H) ;)

• Thanks Aceman

• Thank You Ralph :)

Bernie:

I add it after "1080i60 GOP Size=18" and paste it...work in all files

• Hi Ralph

Have you added the Pasedena pulse audio hack to Sanity X? If not does anyone know how to do it as I can't find exact details on how to add it.

• That is correct.

• Ralph_B: The "Auto Quantizer for 1080 modes" is not checked (its off)...in the last file from 7:37 AM..is that correct?

• Holy smokes, I can't believe I made an error like that! I have added the correct file to the first post. And here it is, right here. This is the true Sanity X!

Sanity X Correct.zip
    990B
  • I just downloaded this patch. For me, the ini-file of the Sanity X patch contains exactly the same settings as the ini-file of the Sanity 5.1 patch. It just has different text in the [information] field. Maybe this is just for me? Do other people have this as well?

• @peternap Around 75% was made using a glidecam hd. and the other 25% was handheld with the help of some software warp stabilizing as well as optical stabilization.

• @tetakpatak

Yes, spanning works if you use a fast SD card. Sandisk Extreme Pro 95M and Extreme 80M cards work.

• @tetakpatak Ralph has done the longest one which filled the card I think.

• Guys, has anybody tried long recordings? Does the spanning with Sanity X work reliably?

• @TATZU Nice video! What support(s) did you use to film that with....steady rest, drone, shoulder rig, Etc?????? If you say you freehanded it, I'm gonna cry.

Thanks!

• Anybody able to do some comparative video?

• Yeah Sanity is Definitely the most stable. I Recently bought a 90mb/s 64gb card so now i use moont7 the only con i see so far from moon is the fact that it takes up so much space. on a 64gb card can only record 40 minutes or less of video.

• @TATZU Cake 2.3 also has variable bitrates, and just like the Sanity also @balazer didn't intend to create a data eating monster. I am big fan of the Cake's quality&reliability and can't await to try the Sanity X in real conditions (for my own needs). If it spans as good as Cake does there we are!

• here is a short flick created using the sanity hack (of course youtube compressed the shit out of it =()

• IS there anyway to confirm it actually updated from 5.1 to X and would cake 2.3 be a higher bitrate alternative?