Personal View site logo
  • 47 Replies sorted by
  • I'll check right now.

• I can see that menu but there's no way to change anything in it. It actually freezes there and you have to turn off the EVF to get it out of that mode.

• @vicharris, Could you please also confirm that we have other options for the display modes - or not ! The default setting is 16:9 but do we have any other settings !? Perhaps 2.66 or 2.35 for anamorphic !?

• @010101 I'll check but I seriously doubt it for this price :)

• @vicharris

OK, I'll try to ask manufacturer.

• hope your well just wanted to know if this SEETEC 3.5. viewfinder works on both the bmcc & bmpcc

• It didn't work before the last couple updates for the pocket so I'm not sure now. It only takes an interlaced signal at 1080. It's pretty cheap too. My eyepiece focus ring stopped working and I never used it. Sold it. I'd pass.

• Can you focus with it or are the optics so poor? I need an external evf. I find the varavon loop for GH3 not great for live work. Have borrowed a zacuto off a friend and its good to use but I am weary of forking out that much on an evf (Almost as much as the camera body). So for me nailing focus is paramount so I was wondering if anyone knows if you can do it on this unit?

• @whynot I used my varavon loupe with my gh2 instead of this thing but that's just me. You'd probably be better off getting one if the new 5" monitors in the deals section with a four sided hood. This thing is just not good at all.

• @vicharris Thanks for the tip.

• Different user from Moskow report that EVF very bad build quality and won't play video from 1080p HDMI.

• Yes, that's what I said above, only takes interlaced :)

• But you can turn the output to 1080i on the GH3... Anyway has anyone tried a cineroid 4c?

• Actually I'll take the question to the Cineroid topic :-)

• But do you want to change your monitor with every new camera? The BMPCC for example is strictly progressive.

• On this ebay listing it is claimed that this EVF should work with BM cameras (it is branded Feelworld but is the same as Seetec). Can someone confirm it? http://www.ebay.it/itm/Feelworld-EVF-3-5-LCD-ViewFinder-Electronic-HDMI-Video-Camera-View-Finder-5D2-/171100310563?pt=UK_Photography_Viewfinders_Eyecups&hash=item27d65f8c23&_uhb=1

• You don't want this thing man. Save a little money and get a 5" from here or get a used, better quality evf. Should and will are two very different things. Unless they've changed the signals it excepts to progressive, it will not work.

• Thanks for the advice @vicharris. Actually in the specs it is claimed to work with 1080p input (50/60 Hz).

• Well, good luck. Mine didn't work.

• I see. The monitor you were referring before is the 5.6'' that is sold here? There's a Seetec plastic one and another in metal case, they both work with BMPCC?

• @red_pill Go over to the threads with the monitors and I'm sure you'll find out there but yeah, I think they work. Pretty sure there's some guys that said they were good to go but I don't know for sure.

Also the EVF is REALLY cheap. The adjustable diopter piece in mine broke immediately and the eye cup is very uncomfortable. I've seen the same reports from others.

• Old topic, but since I have one and I plan to make a review on it, I might add a little something! It's actually quite good, for the price (which is 50-75% cheaper than most models) and it does a decent job of having a viewfinder. It's not and won't ever be as sharp as a Zacuto actually is, but for framing and even for focusing, it works well. The menus are quite simple, not the most easy navigation out there. A touch screen would have been better, or simply a dial with a set button in the middle too. It works good and the quality for such a small screen is fair enough. I like the loupe for bright sunny day shooting. Colors are slightly off compared to my XF100 LCD screen, so I don't rely on the EVF for colors. As for the construction, it's not weak, but I wouldn't drop it on purpose. If you take care of it, it should last as long as the electronics in it will. Attached is a picture of my EVF compared with the XF100 LCD:

_MG_7911.jpg
    5184 x 3456 - 1M