Personal View site logo
How To Make Your Micro 4/3 Footage Look Like It Was Shot On A 5D3 Mkll in post
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

• @DanPV

It is must have.

But I am very afraid that Digital Bolex will buy this guys with their plugin and make it exclusive to their camera that is coming in 2020.

• That would be useful if you were shooting 2.7k+ locked off and wanted to resize in post and add some movement to the shot. Those type of computer movements are used a lot more than you think in real productions, mostly for explosion camera shakes.

• I like it. I recently found a program that will take my sound out of sync. The two would be an unbeatable combo.

• haha... oddly enough i was actually thinking the other day wouldn't it be handy to have a hand shake plugin. there ya go.

• It's recommended to always shoot from a tripod to get the full potential and most realistic hand held effect out of this plugin.

• Does package come with the girls? Girls always achieve making footage look better :P
    Now, seriously, I can imagine how for certain kind of work this plugin (and others, this is not new) would perfectly fit.
    When I want to switch to this mode while filming, I just have to mix 1 more coffee, 1 more home-made glass of wine and 1 or 2 amnesia puffs... then everything goes by itself

• I don't hate it, honestly. I just think it's way ahead of its time. Hipsters in 2025 will be all about emulating poorly-shot DSLR footage from 2010, just like hipsters now are all about emulating poorly shot Polaroid / toy camera photos from pre-1995.

Beyond that, yeah as @CRFilms said there are some legitimate uses for it.

• Not mentioning why to pay attention to this plug-in at all, I don't get the connection with 5D MkII (?!?)...

• @producer

When these guys were sittin’ around the tent makin’ all this up, why did they pick ten? Why ten? Why not nine, or eleven? I’ll tell you why. Because ten sounds important. Ten sounds official. They knew if they tried eleven, people wouldn’t take them seriously. People would say, “What’re you kiddin’ me? The Eleven Commandments? Get the fuck outta here!”

But ten! Ten sounds important. Ten is the basis for the decimal system; it’s a decade. It’s a psychologically satisfying number: the top ten; the ten most wanted; the ten best-dressed. So deciding on Ten Commandments was clearly a marketing decision. And it’s obviously a bullshit list. In truth, it’s a politic; document, artificially inflated to sell better.

(C) GC

• @mrfanny haha... oddly enough i was actually thinking the other day wouldn't it be handy to have a hand shake plugin. there ya go.

Actually there is one made by NewBlueFx, the shakes presets range from gentle waving motion to full on earthquake effect.

http://www.newbluefx.com/product/motion-effects

• I don't find it pointless. For some kind of jobs when the client asks you "What if we add a hand-held effect?" when you already did the shoot, this would be fast. When I have to simulate hand-held (for example in motion graphics) I shoot real hand-held against a white wall with some dots on it, then track the dots from the footage and obtain the motion and rotation. But for some quick'n'dirty jobs this plugin could be enough

• I forgot to mention that with mocha you can just track any footage you want (even from your favourite bruce lee flicks) and then apply to the too-steady shot, why not build your own library of shakiness?

After Shake, that's free and ancient (2007) from Andrew Kramer, the copilot guy

Real Camera Shake Pro also free from the cool VFX bro. BTW check his super scrub plugin, very fun to play with, love the idea of recording realtime interaction gestures =)

Desert? Creative Impatience nice set of plugins. There you go
    Needeless to say that if you make money out of these tools you should consider donation... of a kidney :P