Personal View site logo
Green Shift While Recording Issue GH2
  • I have searched and searched to see if there is an answer for this issue. I know all about the green gamma shift on the GH2 once you press the button and start recording but my issue is I get a random green gamma shift when recording sometimes its fine and other times its not. It happens over 1 frame so its not gradual it can stay or flick back. It can happen within 2 seconds or 5 mins or not at all AWB is off and set to Kelvin and everything is set to manual happens on all picture profiles. Tried Different Patches and factory firmware still the same reset the camera setting still no joy. I have attached 2 images sorry for the ugly mug and they are 1 frame apart. Its hard to see the difference just as still exports but in an edit package its very easy to see. If anyone one has any ideas I would be very grateful

Thanks. Craig R

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I mentioned this a few years ago when the GH2 came out. Nobody seemed interested in the problem, some denied it was the camera and blamed the player, others had never seen it.. I've seen it many times in both the GH2 and GH3 files where just a few frames flicker with some color tinting. I don't know what does it but I'm pretty certain it's at the encoder level so there isn't much to be done about it. It usually happens worst when there are large areas of darker neutral colors with some kind of hotspot in the frame.

• Oh mine is not just the odd frame it can stay like it for the whole take if it wants to. I will try under different lighting to see what happens, But I have had to abandon my GH2 for a interview tomorrow as I can't trust it, Going to have to use a Nikon D7100 instead I think I will run the gh2 as a 2nd Camera to see if the issue appears. It only came to my attention as I filmed an interview and half way through it shifted to green and I only saw it when editing the footage. I dont think its the encoder level as I can see it in the LCD when recording and even when not recording. Might have to start looking for a new camera shame I really liked the GH2

• When I light properly I rarely see it. It only really happens when it's underexposed in larger parts of the frame.