Personal View site logo
Meetup: Los Angeles Area
  • 231 Replies sorted by
  • Please let me know where and when this will be...

Kindest and sincerest warm regards,

Lisa

• Still working on it. It will be at 6:30PM on Fri and Sat in Santa Monica. Prob still Barnies on 3rd St on Sat.

• OK... I am hoping to come both nights ... I am not confirmed as to where this is... I would like some bullet points...

Where is this... where do I park... What time is the happening... is this just for eating and then out on the Promenade to shoot "Philip Bloom Style" meet up? Giggle I am so bad!

Looking for ward to being with you all again and perhaps some new folks will join.... I had a wonderful time last time... I may not be so good at remembering names... The mind is the second thing to go...

LALisa...

• Ok so here are some final details. We're going to meet up at Johnnys Pizza. 1444 3rd Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

6:30PM both nights. Ask for the table under Andrew if you don't see someone familiar. I'll only be there Sat night as I have a concert to go to on Friday.

I think a couple pizzas might be purchased but not 100% sure. No beer served :(

There are a few garages around there. Search for 3rd Street Promenade and you'll find all the info you need there.

As for shooting, I'm not sure. If there's a large group, common sense says we can't go around and look like a damn production team so we'll figure it out on the day. Plan on it going into the night and over to the Pier.

Do not bring a lot of gear. Bring a camera if you want and a memory card. Maybe a monopod or something like that. I would refrain from tripods to stay away from any "Sticks Down" laws in LA.

I'll bring my Pocket Cam so if anyone wants footage from it, you must bring your own properly formatted, approved card for it. The top of the line Sandisk cards we use for our GH2s work the best.

I'm sure I left out some stuff but if i remember, I'll update the list.

My number is 818-720-0441 if anyone needs to contact me with questions or problems on the day.

Vic

• NO BEER??? Well, now, I'm definitely not coming. :)

• @shian Yep, gonna sneak in a flask!

• All right, looks like I'm coming Saturday :) Thanks Vic!

• @thepalalias Roger that buddy, see ya tomorrow Per.

• @vicharris @thepalalias see you guys Saturday night.

• I got to Johnny's Pizza early last night before the gathering started. I enjoyed Stella Artois on tap while waiting. I am hoping to attend this evening. See you all there tonight... I did not see anyone from our first meeting at Wangs. This is a very nice room to meet in. I am going to upload Picasa images I took took with the little Canon ELPH 500 HS that lives in my purse. Sorry I did not get names to put with images... Here is the Picasa link not made public... https://picasaweb.google.com/100899032658405974953/October262013?authkey=Gv1sRgCKba8rXc07qbPA#

Lisa J. Kassner

• Great to see everyone - and special thanks to Andrew and Vic!

I'll do another post later, but here's the music video I was talking about that mixed Red Scarlet, GH2 with CM Night (the 720P footage was shot 50P) and 1 or 2 shots of HV30 footage.

http://songwriter.revimage.com/channels/JoannaStClaire

• Here are the stills I took with the ELPH 500 HS by Canon... Maybe it is time to think about using something else... I had a great time tonight with you all... Here is the link to all of the images I shot... https://picasaweb.google.com/100899032658405974953/GH2October262013?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzc4ZP_y4nAcg#

Again Thank you for two lovely evenings....

Kindest and sincerest warm regards...

L. A. Lisa

• @LALisa Thanks for the pictures. :)

• Does anybody else have trouble with subscribing to the thread? I've got the star highlighted but I only get updates on my profile if someone mentions me.

• @thepalalias

Check you profile settings. By default following means that you get email.

• @thepalalias I've been receiving emails Per.

• @thepalalias sounds like a good time to change your alias :).

Good seeing you all last night and thanks for the pics @LALisa. Thanks, Vic @vicharris for putting this together!

• @VicHarris Okay, good to know - thanks.

@5ThWall I'm wondering about that. :)

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm getting updates from the other threads I'm subscribed to and I tried subscribing and unsubscribing to this one again without any luck. Here are the settings I have in my profile.

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 12.33.14 PM.png
    483 x 297 - 39K
  • @thepalalias

Most probably topic title and contents make spam filter work.

• @Vitaliy_Kiseleve No, because they don't even show up on my "Notifications" tab on my profile page on this site unless my name is mentioned (even though all the updates in the Driftwood thread are showing up perfectly).

LALisa's last two updates don't show up at all (for instance). The ones that mention me do. And my star for the thread is highlighted.

• Well plan on doing something else here before the end of the year. Maybe in the Valley since we've been downtown and on the westside now, sort of.

• @VicHarris Sounds good. :)

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I'm not sure if you changed anything, but even though I didn't change anything, Vic's last update showed up properly both on my profile page and in my e-mail this time. So thanks.

• Hey all, I just moved down to LA. Excited to meet you all at the next meet up.

• @Greek_m43 Welcome to LA and a Happy T-Day to you too.

• So does anybody have any thoughts on a December meet-up? :)