Personal View site logo
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • Hi, would like to have this lens, no care the new version (no need focus ring "gear"), but would like to have the T1.6 version. I'm looking for it in Europe.

• @slrmagic is saying the new version will be available towards the end of Nov.

• That newer one looks nice!

• @cbm32221 Make sure you get the new version with thicker barrel.

• Hello. I'm looking into purchasing this lens (might wait until the new version comes out). Can anyone tell me what to look for when making sure I got a good copy?

• If anyone who is looking for this lens is following this thread, there's a guy selling one in the marketplace. Might be a good chance to get a known good one!

• Yep, should have been more clear too. The first looks like an advertisement in the US.

• They both look great, but obviously she looks healthy and flattering in the first and rougher and beat up in the second. My taste would bend to whatever the storyline is. It would be hard to use the first for a horror movie, and the second wouldn't work well for a children's story.

Either way, I need that damn lens! ; )

• @vicharris No, not at all. My bad English, sorry. Let me try again. I'm happy for all feedback and it is interesting that taste is different ;)

• LOL, you said my taste sucks. Nice :)

• @vicharris Interesting, everybody has his own taste. Thanks for sharing anyway

• @Chris74. Funny, I actually like the ungraded version!

• This lens is absolutely magic. But you need to get used to it. Very difficult to focus without focus peaking (especially fully open). We used HDMI out with Scopebox to focus, only way to get this done! Some sample frames (RAW vs Graded) below.

More details about settings here http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/141352#Comment_141352

SLRMagic_12Hyperprime_Ungraded.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 279K
    SLRMagic_12Hyperprime.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • @azza_act Heard anything yet?

Although this lens is sold more for the effect it produces, rather than the performance it delivers, it still performs well for a lens with such a bright maximum aperture. At T/1.6 sharpness in the centre of the frame is already very good, although the clarity towards the edges of the frame just falls short of fairly good levels. Stopping down improves sharpness across the frame and T/4 provides peak performance. Here sharpness is outstanding across the frame.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/slr-magic-12mm-t-1-6-hyperprime-cine-lens-review-22998

slrmagic.jpg
    800 x 610 - 71K
    slrmagic1.jpg
    800 x 601 - 119K
    slrmagic2.jpg
    651 x 506 - 65K
  • They contact me a day ago, but haven't heard anything from them since...

• @azza_act any luck in getting in touch with them? My emails and tweets are not going through:(

• @vicharris yeah, I'm trying to contact them through their ebay store.

• @azza_act No problem. Hope they have some in stock. The site seems to be down.

• @azza_act

Hit up Andrew on the SLR site. Should be able to get one direct from them in no time since you live close. I ordered all of my SLR lenses direct.

• Hard lens to find... I live in Australia, does anyone know where I could pick one up?

• you know ...after so many related problems with this lens , I have no balls to get one used !

• You're friend might be able to find a used on on Craigslist, have it shipped to Orlando and bring it with him. I see used ones on there in LA all the time.

Here's one in LA. Not sure if it's still avail

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pho/3998561155.html

You're right, they seem to be out everywhere. Odd. Maybe Andrew will chime in and let us know what's going on.

• I can see the difference between my Oly 45 and my 14-140 at 45mm with the same aperture. But its me and like your girlfriend many cant see that ...but of course from SLR magic to Panasonic is a great look change. Even after Filmconvert I think this gonna be noticeable... In fact , I love the looks of the 25 mm and the 45 mm . I was decided to pick the slr magic 12 mm but cant find it anywhere in US . I wish I had money to buy all voiglander lenses but I cant right now . And I dont know why but the Oly 45 mm has the most cinematic mood with my GH3 . Even more than the 25 mm leica . a hug from Rio . Brazil .