Fotga DP3000 series matte boxes
  • Forga M1, simple matte box

Forga M2, advanced matte box

Good filter trays with rotation.

Forga M3, swing away pro matte box

Forga M4, pro matte box with bracket

• 69 Replies sorted by
  • All will be on our deals soon.

• They seem quite interesting, I wonder why they are priced half of the basic Fotga mattebox already in production. Anyone has more info?

• @jazzroy

They kind of had strange idea to make DP 3000 ultra budget series with keeping same quality :-)

If you ask me, they now have zero competition for their MB.

Use it.

• maybe there's some plastic parts. I think the old basic model is all metal, right?

• @jazzroy

Only Cinematics is all metal :-) All else have plastic MB body mold, and it is not bad, really.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev:

You mentioned somewhere that the deal parts will have the metal screws of the DP500 parts (instead of the plastic ones). Is this now the case or ...?

• You mentioned somewhere that the deal parts will have the metal screws of the DP500 parts (instead of the plastic ones). Is this now the case or ...?

It must be. But some issues can happen initially. It happens.

• Vitaliy_Kiselev

What Cinematics MB is all metal? Not the one you sell here. The entire body is plastic as well as many other parts or is another one out there?

• What Cinematics MB is all metal? Not the one you sell here. The entire body is plastic as well as many other parts or is another one out there?

Cinematics MB that I have is all metal, do not have plastic. May be they implemented some optimization since that time.

• Yep, the flags and mounting arm is metal, rest is plastic. No big deal.

• Yep, the flags and mounting arm is metal, rest is plastic. No big deal.

I repeat again. My MB is all metal. As all initial MBs shipped on deals.

• Any news on this? Somebody already tested them? When will it be available on deals?

• @Illusionist_Films

They had been on deals already few times :-)

As for tests, I think owners will post something soon.

• Oh well seems I've missed that! :( Which deals where they in? Fotga days? Very tempted to buy one if they're up again... but would also be glad to read some opinions about it.

• What is the price for M3? I still didn't buy a matte.

It seems to me - from pictures - that DP500 had leaks in the corners at the filter trays. The part holding the filter trays was not large enough to cover the filter trays and the filter trays were thin so the corners would allow light leaks. My observation from pics.

It seems that this one might be the same - but not sure due to angles. Did anybody see one? Anybody had direct experience with Fotga mattes?

Andrei

• PS: Look in the pic below for that corner light leak. From certain angles, those wholes are really obvious on the DP500 - DP3000 looks better but still the corners look a bit exposed ... check M3

Any opinion on that?

Fotga-DP500-MatteBox-DSLR-Video.png
    429 x 294 - 111K
  • @andrei

For all prices and such to PM.

About light leak, I have very vague understanding that you mean here.

• Look at these pictures. The corners of the filter trays are exposed.

Andrei

matte 1.JPG
    600 x 600 - 85K
    matte 2.JPG
    600 x 600 - 72K
  • @andrei

You really overthinking stuff. if you will get it and actually will see any exposed glass, that I doubt, just use small black sticky tape.

• Yep, even the Cinematics dies this.

• Ok, thanks guys.

Andrei

• I'm really happy with fotga build quality and these DP 300 matt boxes look very interesting and maybe good value. Would be good if Fotga eventually had some shots of there rigs with everything mounted. I basically have a DP 500 set up with C bracket and was wondering if the M3 swing away matt box will compliment it, so instead of taking a punt maybe I'll just go for the M2. I also like the look of the DP 300 bracket, and if it is wider than the DP500 bracket I would certainly grab one, though I can only see one 1/4 " mount ?

• Hi there, I bought the DP3000 swing away mattebox for mounting on a Lanparte rig with an APS-C DSLR (D5200), I cannot center it around my lenses. I would need something either to lower it or to use a C shape adsjustable bracket. But most of these C shape bracket are made for 5D mark or bigger nikon DSLRs and I'm afraid not to be able to adjust it properly, I thought about the Lanparte height adjustable baseplate but I won't be able to use my FF without an extension arm. Any hint?

Thx for your help.

DSC_0048.jpg
    3181 x 4802 - 1M
  • @NetSpot

Can you, please, resize photos before attaching?

• @NetSpot

Also, Lanparte base allow adjustment of camera height, check it. And MB also must have some vertical adjustment.